Donating 2 More SMx machines

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Folding@Home
Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that I should have 2 almost complete machines going out to Prof this week. 2 - ECS K7S5A MBs, 384Mb Crucial RAM, AMD XP 2000+ CPUs, and an old SIS 2X AGP card (maybe 2).

Just add Power supplies and they are folding machines.

I hope to get them out before the weekend. That is if you guys are interested in em :)

Same address Prof ?

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    That is fantastic Missileman!

Somehow I don't think anyone will turn you down :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    Missileman wrote:
    ...Same address Prof ?
    Yep, just like it reads on the SMx Project page.

This is an awesome donation - the board you sent before was very much appreciated, but this takes the cake. :D

:respect: >>> Missileman

:celebrate
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    Holy Fing Smokes. Those are great folding machines.

Thank you so much for the SMx donation!!!!!:D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2005
    That is a very generous donation, Missileman. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    A very very appreciated and generous donation :D

Missleman :respect:

Thank you! :D:cool:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    WoW! Thanks! That's an awesome donation! :eek2:

:clap:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    SWEET.... SM40, here we come!!!!

Thanks Missleman!!!!!
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Guys I wanted to tell you all that the systems went out today to Prof via FEDEX. I'll PM the Tracking number to you Prof.

2 ECS K7S5A motherboards, 2 AMD XP 2000+, 384mb Crucial RAM x2, and 2 - 2X SIS AGP video cards.

They belong to the team now, but I would like to suggest that one or both of them fold in Clutch's Dad's honor when they come on line. It's a terrible time for Clutch and I feel he and his family's pain. Folding may help find an improvement for people like Clutch's Dad. I think it would be a small gesture we could make for a much cared for team mate.

What say you all?
    edited July 2005
    Missileman wrote:
    Guys I wanted to tell you all that the systems went out today to Prof via FEDEX. I'll PM the Tracking number to you Prof.
    Got it. :thumbsup:
    2 ECS K7S5A motherboards, 2 AMD XP 2000+, 384mb Crucial RAM x2, and 2 - 2X SIS AGP video cards.
    Awesome! :D
    They belong to the team now, but I would like to suggest that one or both of them fold in Clutch's Dad's honor when they come on line. It's a terrible time for Clutch and I feel he and his family's pain. Folding may help find an improvement for people like Clutch's Dad. I think it would be a small gesture we could make for a much cared for team mate.

What say you all?
    That has been a hot topic among the SMx Committee ever since we heard the sad news about Clutch's dad. We have several machines already undergoing testing for future rigs and had anticipated doing just what you suggested with one of them. It's not my decision to make as far as which particular computer is selected for the honor, but I will make sure everyone knows about your idea. However it shakes out, in the end I think you can count on seeing it happen. :fold:
    edited July 2005
    Just wanted to let you know that these setups have been folding for the team for over a year just as they were shipped. They never missed a beat so they won't need much testing. The only issue with them was a common K7S5A issue where the cmos would reset itself during a power glitch. All you had to do was go in and set memory/bus back to 133/133 from 100/100 and they were back ready to go. Had 5 of those boards and they all did it. Some worse than others, but generally a good stable board.

Oh and Prof
    PEANUT ALERT on that box ;D
    edited July 2005
    Two of the systems on my test bench right now have that same K7S5A MB, and I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me experiencing that little phenomena. :p

Thanks for the "PEANUT ALERT" - the last time I unpacked an SMx donation I forgot that I have a two table fans blowing heat away from my bench and out of the room. The daggone things were flying so thick and fast it looked like a blizzard. :eek:

Thanks again for a terrific boost for the SMx Project. :respect:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Thanks missileman! What an awesome donation :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Thank you, Missileman. Is this an awesome team, or what? :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    The package arrived safe and sound Friday afternoon, just as FedEx promised. They'll be going on my test bench as soon as I shuffle a few things around and make room.

Team, we're going to see some major activity in the SMx Project over the next few weeks. :D

Thanks again, Missileman. :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    I'm glad to do it. Great project and a great group of people. I know they will be put to use for a good cause.

I may have a couple of more identical setups in a few weeks/months.

Just a matter of when I get the chance to order replacements and do the rebuilds/reinstalls.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Two of the systems on my test bench right now have that same K7S5A MB, and I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me experiencing that little phenomena. :p

Thanks for the "PEANUT ALERT" - the last time I unpacked an SMx donation I forgot that I have a two table fans blowing heat away from my bench and out of the room. The daggone things were flying so thick and fast it looked like a blizzard. :eek:

Thanks again for a terrific boost for the SMx Project. :respect:
    I wish we had a video of that :D;D;D

Thank you again Missleman, a kind gift and very generous :D:respect: