Which card should I get Gigabyte ATI Radeon X700 Pro, more in the thread

edited July 2005 in Hardware
-Gigabyte ATI Radeon X700 Pro PCI Express 16X DDR3 256MB VIVO
-SAPPHIRE ATI X700 PRO 256MB GDDR3 DVI/TV-OUT PCI EXPRESS WITH SOFTWARE (BULK PACK)

I am basically looking at pricewatch.com and and trying to find out wich one of these card I want to purchase.

pricewatch.com->card videocards->$144-RADEON X700 Pro PCI Express 256mb

I need some more details on what the card really have before I make my purchase.

Comments

• edited July 2005
    I know that but can you answer the question please
  • edited July 2005
    The question is which one of the card should I get on the site

Thank you which ever moderator removed the dumb post above sorry scimon that is why you don't know what is going on.

Because one of the great moderator's removed someone's bogus post.

So which card do you think I should get Radeon X700 pro on pricewatch.com in the Video Cards section.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Thank you which ever moderator removed the dumb post above sorry scimon that is why you don't know what is going on.
    You make it sound like someone owes you an answer. No one does. Try being more polite; it will get you further in life. Csimon removed his own post. By the way, he is one of the most helpful, considerate members at Short-Media.

I can't recommend a specific card for you, but I will give advice concerning Pricewatch. Once you've found the price that's right for you, check out the Pricewatch-listed vendor at Resellerratings. Quite often in the online world, a price too good to be true is just that.
  • edited July 2005
    The post that he posted was confusing so I am glad he removed it the card I was looking at where from gigabyte and all star shop pro.

I wanted to know what really came with the card from gigabyte because it sould like a really good deal.

Does it come with the breakout box for the vivo, what connectors come with it, etc.
    The manufacturer's website doesn't really say much.

and im not demanding an answer,
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    If you were buying from a good retailer, they should provide that information. Newegg does.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    After bad experiences I only buy from Newegg and Monarch Computer. Between Gigabyte and Saphire I will always go with Saphire as the make the superior product. I'm not saying anything bad about Gigabyte but Saphire is much better.

BTW
    allstarshops.com have been questionable in the past but seem to be getting better ratings. I still wouldn't trust them!

Oh yea, you are welcome in advance. :/
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    When it comes to ATI cards, Sapphire is a pretty trusted name, they deal exclusively in ATI, so you should get a well built product. Almost all of their products are based on the ATI reference design, so you literally get identical products to the 'built by ati' brand.

Have you made up your mind on the X700 Pro? There may be some other cards (for slightly higher cost) with a significantly higher performance to price ratio..
  • edited July 2005
    Yes I wanted to get the x700 pro vivo but I don't now if saphire makes them, gigabyte does and it includes all of the hardware and games but they seem a little weird, not enough pictures on the site futurepowerpc :scratch:

and thank you :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Futurepowerpc has decent ratings at Resellerratings. I've never heard of them, though. I suppose a purchase from them would be a reasonable bet, but of course, your decision. Concerning Gigabyte versus Sapphire: I've owned Sapphire cards before and can attest to their good quality. I've never used a Gigabyte anything.
  • edited July 2005
    Does saphire have the vivo or can I buy the vivo box somewhere and still get all of the cables and games, etc.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    Newegg tells you if they have VIVO or not on every video card. Its on the specs for video cards. Are you sure you want to purchase from them if they dont give out that kinda of info?

You could always check the manufacture site.
  • edited July 2005
    I just wish that price on newegg was 155 like on power pc, thanks.

I wonder how hard I can drive this card before I get slowdown in Battlefield 2, GTA3, HL2, and those new Tom clancy games.

I hope those games will still accept this card, I wonder how long it will be before it won't except this card.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    I just wish that price on newegg was 155 like on power pc...
    The Gigabyte version mtgoat linked to is only $7 more and only $2.50 for the shipping. It would be worth it to buy the card from a company that won't leave you in the lurch if you have a problem with it. :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Csimon removed his own post.

Thanks Leon. I withdrew from the thread because the original post posed a different question (or so I thought). I don't see an edited date unless I've totaly lost my mind! LOL

sorry about the confusion.
    csimon
  • edited July 2005
    mmm I just hope that thing will be fast.