I made an honest effort to like it, but -- Rome: Total War - Like new $25

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Trading Post
I tried, really. I never got into RTS games and yet everyone talked about how great this one was.

I bought it for $35 and installed it and eagerly went through the tutorial mission, and by the end I was utterly bored to tears.

I still gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried playing through the first few hours of the game.

I totally hate it. It bores the crap out of me and I just don't feel like dealing with managing towns and I suck at battles and everything just sucks :bawling:

So, anyone who wants it it's yours for $25 shipped. Retail box, like new CDs, instructions, etc. I have 100% feedback under heatware (primesuspect) and 96 feedback under ebay (traceybean)

Plus there are a couple of people here who might vouch for me :wtf:

Comments

• entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2005
    Not I. That primesuspect guy, he's shifty, I tell ya. All... suspicious and whatnot. F
    trader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Just messing around, obviously. Don't take me seriously.

I think my brother has this game too, but he loved it while he played it. I couldn't ever get very much into RTS games either, I feel your pain. I want to be an uber-dominant General, but I'm the epitome of suck. Oh well.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    oh yeah? well entropy is an F
    MINUS trader :rant:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I've played Rome and I like it. When time was an issue, I used the auto battle and started to hate the game since my armies were getting stomped. I started going back to doing my own battles and I am back to liking it. I seem to do better with the battles and can really kick some butt (against the computer).
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I'm going to go ahead and stick my neck out to say that Brian is an awesome trader. I give him a TehF+!!!11elevenbilliontysix rating (out of 10 thumbs up).
    edited July 2005
    yeah that's great, now could somebody STICK THEIR NECK OUT AND BUY THIS PIECE FROM ME? :shakehead

;D
    edited July 2005
    bump :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    nobody wants this? :bawling:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Well, how do you expect it to sell after your fabulous marketing job:
    I totally hate it. It bores the crap out of me
    :scratch:

;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    If you haven't sold it by the end of next week, I'll take a look at it during the LAN party. RTS games are my favorite.

I'd buy it and take a chance, but I'm dirt-poor right now. :(