Prime 95 24hr Stability Test - Screen Shots

2»

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    The point of the lab was not to make a fast algorithm, it was a windows threading lab. He even told us to go out on the internet and find code if we wanted to and most of us found an example where you could enter a number and primes would be found up o that number and we modified to it would find that many primes. I just changed a few variables and it was fine.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I read that part of your earlier post. I thought that you could possibly be interested in making the algorithm better, for your own enjoyment or practice. (Insert "The More You Know" picture here)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    There's only one Prime that I love.

;D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    Ah yeah I guess that would make it a lot faster.

And I thought fork was a linux thing?
    edited November 2005
    Thought I'd ressurect this thread.. I came across the image I took last year when trying to push my barton on H2O..

You can imagine my disappointment to find a prime error after 30 hours :D
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited November 2005
    It was probably a cosmic ray or something :D
  • lsevaldlsevald Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Opteron 146 (0540 FPMW) in a stock MachII
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited December 2005
    NICE! If my electric bill wasn't already sky high, I'd get one of those Mach thingies.... ;D

What mobo?
    edited December 2005
    DFI NF4 SLI-D. I guess 3.25 isn't a lot considering it does 3GHz on air (XP90C). It goes a bit higher (seems pretty stable up to 3.35), but I was aiming for 110% stability for FAH and 24/7 usage. Since I still get very low temps (evap@-50, cpu@-10 to -5 full load), I might turn it up another notch :)
    edited December 2005
    lsevald wrote:
    DFI NF4 SLI-D. I guess 3.25 isn't a lot considering it does 3GHz on air (XP90C). It goes a bit higher (seems pretty stable up to 3.35), but I was aiming for 110% stability for FAH and 24/7 usage. Since I still get very low temps (evap@-50, cpu@-10 to -5 full load), I might turn it up another notch :)

Nice clock!

I get pretty similar behavior on my Opteron 148 on a Vapo LS. I can squeeze 3.3GHz out of it but it needs upwards of 1.68v, and I wouldn't consider it a 24/7 setting. ~3.2 is much easier to acheive and only needs 1.55v. Prime stable for 24+ hours, and good for FAH :thumbup (Mine is a 0543FPMW..)

Is that a MachII ST or a MachII GT Isevald?
    edited December 2005
    It's a first revision MachII, r134a based. Not sure how old it is...possibly 2 years. According to the machII control panel, I got over 9000 hrs on it. Very reliable unit. I'm reluctant to upgrade, since you can get away with near silent condenser fan speeds with r134a and still have almost peak performance. r404a tends to get hotter, or so I heard.

it needs 1.6V to do 3350MHz, but for the sake of stability I now run it at 3.3 and 1.6V. I prefer a bit higher temps, as it reduces the risk of condensation. This 146 runs a lot cooler than my FX55 clawhammer. Load is between -5 to 0C.