SM9 / Icrontic9 update

Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
well Got the New Case late Friday, of course this was also when wifee and I were walking out the door to go out for the night.. so nothing got done with it cept to put it on the work bench,,

Saturday morning. yea right.... sleep in.... didnt get home till like 3am or some odd time like that.

saturday afternoon. ok put part of it together. wife wanted to go shopping so off we go...

hope to have it up and folding by monday morning.. :D

Comments

• JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited July 2005
    you procrastinator!!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Is it up yet? :D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    That's what she said.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    You mean to tell us your wife takes precedence over your SMx rig? How could you? :D
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited July 2005
    ouch.. god you guys are harsh........ ;D;D

um yea wife takes precedence over SMx rig.... .SMx rig wont have me sleep on couch or in dog house if I piss it off.

no its not up yet... still have a few things to connect, like power, ide cables, front panel connectors,
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    um yea wife takes precedence over SMx rig.... .SMx rig wont have me sleep on couch or in dog house if I piss it off.
    Your logic is impeccable.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2005
    Lord_Night wrote:
    ouch.. god you guys are harsh........ ;D;D

It's obvious you did not read the fine print. ;D

Lord_Night wrote:
    no its not up yet... still have a few things to connect, like power, ide cables, front panel connectors,

Way to go.........."Do it once, Do it well". :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    dragonV8 wrote:
    It's obvious you did not read the fine print. ;D

Fine print... there was fine print... where.... oh wait you have to have tha paper work to read the fine print........
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I thought the SMx rigs were different to the ICx rigs?
    edited July 2005
    Nope... ICx and SMx are all a part of the SMx Project. Before Icrontic crashed, the rigs were named ICx since the team name was Icrontic. When we changed the name, we changed the naming to SMx.
    edited July 2005
    I know they are part of the same project and I know all about the team, I have been on it for a good 3 or so years, heh, but I thought the ICx machines kept their ICx names, and then when SM started up it started with SMx, ergo ICwhatever and SMwhatever would be different machines.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    I know they are part of the same project and I know all about the team, I have been on it for a good 3 or so years, heh, but I thought the ICx machines kept their ICx names, and then when SM started up it started with SMx, ergo ICwhatever and SMwhatever would be different machines.
    Nope, we switched the whole numbering scheme. The machine folding as Icrontic9 is now known as SM9, etc. etc. We just kept the same folding names so they wouldn't lose their well-earned points. :)
    edited July 2005
    Ah, figures. Would explain why I remember seeing both sets of names too.
    edited August 2005
    OK, SM9 is giving me a head ache.
    not sure why but have tried both windows 2000 and windows xp pro.
    both go all the way thru the install and hang up when it is saving the settigns and seting the registry... so the install never really finishes.

am gonna take it back apart and clean the conections the try again thursday morning....
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    is it possible the ram is funky?
    edited August 2005
    Well... Try a bench test... if the system loads out of the case, then grounding may be the problem.

Also... try a different CD-Rom Drive. I've had TONS of problems with installs due to the CD-Rom drive. Not that the drive is bad, just not within the specs that Windows Install requires.

Either way, keep us up to date.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    bump.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    SM9 is having some growing pains. It is being sent back for further testing, including possible refurbishment and/or replacement.

Stay tuned for updates. :)