Bad weather + Bad PSU=one computer down

SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
I don't know if you've read my topic in the Graphics/Sound forum about my video card overheating, but the cause of all my problems is that my 12V Rail is very low (10.94V). Now I am facing a bigger problem. My computer is randomly rebooting itself.

This time when it rebooted I lost a p888 that I was 2/5 done folding and now I have a new WU that I haven't even gotten a frame done yet on.

Also the past few nights it has been storming outside so the computers have been off all night. Just when my trend line was outrageously steep it's going to drop to a "walkable" slope now. Time to say bye bye to my hopes of getting 5000 by the end of this week and 10000 by the end of the month.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Check your "overheating" thread. The suggestion the tech guy gave you might be worth a try. Good luck. We really want to get you 'back on the road' again.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited August 2005
    The good news about this is that I now have my 566MHz Celeron folding 24/7 (minus the stormy nights). Of course it takes a week to complete a WU on it but it's better than nothing at all.