Folding name Gone????

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
Hey, I recently formatted my hd, and when I re-installed the folding program and entered my info, all my stats were erased. I only had like 5 WU's completed anyway, but is there any way to recover my name?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    You must not have entered it exactly the same. The stats are not kept on your computer, they are kept on stanford's servers.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2005
    I have it entered exactly. I can even right click the folding at home icon in the little notification area beside the clock, and go to status, and my stats. It brings up the page on stanfords site saying that i completed 6 WU's, but when ever i open up the folding program and it shows all the info and hte protein folding, it says i havent completed any, weird.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    You didn't lose them. They have been turned into the Stanford, but as far as your PC is concerned, is has no record of previously completed WUs because you deleted that info when you reformatted.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    exactly what he said, you're perfectly fine :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2005
    Ok well not that it bothers me or anything since i didnt complete very many WU's, but when it updates will it sayi only completed 1 WU
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    not at stanford where it counts (no pun intended)

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=93
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited August 2005
    tmh88 wrote:
    Ok well not that it bothers me or anything since i didnt complete very many WU's, but when it updates will it sayi only completed 1 WU

It will say you have completed 1 work unit until you complete another one. Delete ( DON'T DO THIS - I AM MAKING A POINT ) the folder and start over and it will start at 0 again. I did my name wrong about 2 years ago once and there is a unit turned in for witenoise :( that was me. I move folders around all the time and none of my stuff says the right total - but Stanford NEVER forgets. Jack

Oh - and I know the Fahlog.txt won't say 0 - it starts after you finish 1. Yours will never show the five you turned in again - ever.