Lian-Li?

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Just wondering, but whats so good about lian li cases. I always see people raving about how good they are, but they look like the most plain thing ever. Just like an aluminum or black or whatever color case with 2 buttons on the front and thats it.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    they're very well built.
    I don't see much else on the market that I would like to have. Once you've owned one you'll know. If you never do ...then you don't know what you're missing.
    I even like the bottom of the line cases better than most other mfg's stuff.
    Not all but most of their cases are superb! :thumbsup:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2005
    Ok, cause for my next pc for college i need a well buiilt sturdy case. Any other cases similar that dont cost like $250?
  • edited August 2005
    I recently bought a Lian Li PC-65B Case for this rig.

One of the reasons I went with Lian Li was the fact that everyone told me to get one that I knew, and aside from that they are actually very manipulatable.

When you're installing the motherboard, the rack to install it on comes out of the case, as does the spot for the PSU, and also the front of the case, and both sides are removable with ease.

This case is very simple and sleek, it's not meant to look like some Alienware show off rig, what you have inside is what should be shown off.

It also comes with a ton of fans that are pre-installed in the back, top and front of the case.

I would reccomend this case to anyone but make sure you put the screws on the motherboard and rack correctly or you may get annoyed, it took me a few times to get it right.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Lian Li is excellent quality, but their prices reflect a pretty big markup for the name. There are plenty of other cases that have just as many features and the same quality. The advantage of Lian Li is that you don't need to ask about the quality - you can assume it. I would be interested in Lian Li for my next computer build(s) if money were not a concern.

The $99 model that is linked to above is a pretty good deal.
  • edited August 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Lian Li is excellent quality, but their prices reflect a pretty big markup for the name. There are plenty of other cases that have just as many features and the same quality. The advantage of Lian Li is that you don't need to ask about the quality - you can assume it. I would be interested in Lian Li for my next computer build(s) if money were not a concern.

The $99 model that is linked to above is a pretty good deal.

That's almost the same case as mine, except without a window and it looks like it has one less fan and the hard drive casing looks a bit different.

But that's a pretty good summarization there.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I've had my Lian Li PC65 case for quite some time now, is in excellent condition. And OMG it's so lite weight! I remember the day I picked it up from FedEx(shipped from Newegg), I picked up the box expecting it to be a box with a case, and thus be at least somewhat heavy..... and boy was I surprised. Pissed actually. I thought I just recieved a box with no case! ;D

The cases are EXTREMMELY lite-weight, but strong enough to last.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    a lot of those Lian Li cases look like Powpowpow Powmax cases to me :p
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited August 2005
    I just built a new computer with this case and Love it!! 2x12CM fans with the front one blowing over the hdd rack which is turned 90 degrees from standard. This gives great access to the mb SATA connections on the A8N-SLI Dlx that's in it and the drives mount to removeable aluminium caddies with rubber gromets to isolate noise, as do the fans. The temp readout and swiveling top bay are kind of cool too! the front air intakes are lit with blue led's and the rear fan has blue led's also. I got the one with a window and it flows a lot of air and the internal case temp never goes over 38 degrees C.

Here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129141

Flint

P.S. Oh, yea...I wouldn't touch anything that says Powmax on it except as a receptacle for my dogs..err.. stuff!!
  • edited August 2005
    Sounds great!

I've seen someone with a modded version of that case, let's just say they're very moddable. :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    coolermaster, lian li, and silverstone make cases for ppl who want performance and quality over flashy lights and chrome trim like TT or raidmax. they have a more sleek conservative look that doesnt appeal to everyone. they charge a bit more for their cases because a lot more goes into the design and construction of them. break down a raidmax and its the same stamped steel frame covered in plastic parts and leds, break down a coolermaster atc and its all aluminum frame welded very sturdy.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    reasons I like my Lian-Li

1) well built
    2) no lights
    3) no windows
    4) no drive bay doors
    5) plenty of airflow
    6) its black, and brushed
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2005
    I just purchased a PC-65B a few days ago to replace my aging antec 1080amg. I pulled my watercooling, and wanted something simple (plus lacking a big huge hole in the top). I thought it was a bit expensive, but liked the simple styling. As someone mentioned above, you can't appreciate a lian-li until you've owned one. The quality is superb. No sharp edges anywhere, and the craftsmanship is amazing. They are very easy to work in too. The removabale mobo tray is a feature that should be standard on EVERY case. Even the PCI brackets pull out, so you can assemble everything on the tray ahead of time. Airflow is good, and the built-in fan controller is cool too. The brushed black look is very nice. I still need to get a cdrom bezel though.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Even the PCI brackets pull out, so you can assemble everything on the tray ahead of time.
    Oh, you mean like this? :D
    5sm.jpg 37.6K