Finally, Installed a Window on System 1

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Hardware
For years I've been admiring computer cases with Windows. A couple weeks ago I finally took the plunge. My friend and I cut the case with...a circular saw, believe it or not! A BIG circular saw with an expensive, metal munching blade. The cut was pretty ragged, both on this computer and System 2 (separate thread to follow). A few hours in my garage-workshop with files and sandpaper turned the jagged hole into a decent window. I had to strip the panel down to bare metal and repaint. This was also the first time I've cut acrylic sheet. The first cut shattered a large chunk of the sheet, but anticipating that, that portion was my practice piece. Well anyway, here are the results. Sorry, no night pics. Maybe later.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    The case is a Golbal WIN YCC-61F1, aluminum outer frame, polished stainless steel motherboard tray (mirror finish), 120mm intake and exhaust, 10" wide.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited August 2005
    wow, you're right. that does look great! nice work!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2005
    Great work :).

Where did you get a sm sticker :eek: .
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    The SM badges were sent out about a year ago to members who had put in a lot of volunteer time.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Looks really good.... :thumbsup:
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Where did you get a sm sticker :eek: .
    that was exactly my first thought as well :p I wish I had one... ;D