North Bridge Fan Failed

Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I have an Abit NF7-S and the north bridge fan has stopped working. I seemed to remember someone saying Abit will send me a replacement for free. Is this true and who do I need to contact?

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Go Purdue!

I have never bothered contacting the mobo mfg. I just finds something close and make it fit. Old P2 fans work for me.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Abit motherboards are notorious for failing northbridge fans. I've replaced two or three myself. What was said above, just get some fan and bolt it on or bond it on with Automotive Goop or similar material. If you get a larger fan, you'll also have less of a whining sound like most of the tiny OEM fans produce. Or, you could put on large heatsinks and run with passive cooling. My computers don't have northbridge or video card fans, but massive, fanless heatsinks.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2005
    Mine went a while ago. I got a Zalman Passive NorthBridge Cooler ZM-NB47J, Worked a treat and because there's no fan it's silent.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    mine went, I ignored it. damn thing is still working find oc'd, so I'm not going to bother replacing it