PLEASE HELP, I Restored My eMachines And I Get A System

edited August 2005 in Hardware
im hoping someone out there will help me out , i run my own internet bussiness and i have been out of bussiness for days now because of computer issues..

first off my emachines computer came with a system restore disk, i run it (symantec Ghost 7.0) and it says sucessfully restored then it will ask me to remove the disks and restart the computer when i do so and windows attemps to load up i get the error message ' windows could not start because the following file is missing or currupt: \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM .

i am not sure why its not working, the emachines restore disk has windows xp on it it automatically installs it. i cannot get it to start in safe mode,last known config,or start win normally

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    The "Shorty" in Short-Media may have a solution for you.

Your biggest handicap is the cheesy restore discs from emachines. If they didn't give you an actual WinXP disc you may have to borrow one.

Good luck. :)
  • edited August 2005
    i have downloaded a windows xp disk , ive gotten to the screen where it wants an administrator password to continue could you help me out with finding that? is there any certain thing i should type in ?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Have you tried a blank password?
  • edited August 2005
    i finally got into the console and did all the steps in command prompt i restarted my computer just has microsoft said and on reboot i still got the error message i dont get it
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Try going back into the Recovery Console and trying these commands:

fixboot

fixmbr

Make sure you hit {Enter} after each one.

It's a longshot, but worth the couple of minutes it will take you to try it.
  • edited August 2005
    that didnt work for me either , i went ahead and took my computer to the shop today the guy is doing something to it to try and fix it