??Rise of Nations ?? Help.....Plz

edited August 2005 in Hardware
I just got this rise of nations game, and installed it on 2 different laptops......
When i started playing it, it just started like, freezing and it took so long just to load.....

Its liked watching a scratched DVD....it plays, and than freezes, then starts up again than freezes......it freezes for like 10 secs tops....and i dont know if im getting murdered or wat.......

Does anyone know what the problem is?.......

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    What other games have played on those laptops? Laptops usually do not have the necessary hardware to play even mildly-demanding games, especially older laptops. The problems(s) could be:

inadequate onboard video
    inadequate cooling
    underpowered CPU
    less than optimal video unit drivers
    flawed game installation software

Please let us know the specifications of your laptops, then we'll have a basis from which to start a diagnosis.
  • edited August 2005
    Well, ive played, internet games, and downloaded some stuff.....and i was thinking that there might be a virus on the laptop....because since ive been on the internet....all these pop ups and stuff was poppin up...

My laptop is getting repaired and i'll try it agiain.....its a dell Latittude...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    It is possible that you have been infected with spyware. Could you provide the model number for the Latitude? Like D800, D500, D610??? That should help us determine if your laptop is up to the task of running AoE.