thermal adhesives

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Hardware
i have parts for a new pc on the way and i forgot to order thermal adhesive. i see the AS adhesives and was wondering if its just AS and a glue mixed. is there any glue i can mix with AS to make it an adhesive?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    It's not a glue, it's an epoxy. I'm sure there is some type of off-the-shelf epoxy that you could purchase at a hardware store that you could mix with AS paste. I'd hate to ruin a component by using the wrong mixture ratio, or an epoxy that cancelled out AS' heat transfer properties. I have no clue what to use other than prepackaged stuff. To play it safe, I'd just go with Artic Silver's kit. It's superb.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    well i just decided to do what i did with my 6800, i put AS on the mem chip all over but 2 corners and put a small drip of superglue on there. seemed to work well last time good. the sinks popped over very easy when i wanted to put the stock cooler back on as well.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Ah, good deal. Forgot about that trick!