Speaker problem

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Um, I guess my last post got deleted, because I can't find it for some reason. Anyway, I can't get any sound out of my speakers now. I plugged in my headphones for a bit, and when I took them out of the usb port, my speakers stopped working. I have the logitech z5300 with the little controller to adjust the volume and what not, and the damn thing won't even turn on! Everything is plugged in, drivers updated, etc....Even my db meter on the front of the case moves when I play music...just no sound comes out..any ideas?

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Heatseeker wrote:
    Um, I guess my last post got deleted, because I can't find it for some reason.

It's right here: http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36918, erm, well, it was. Since I deleted it, you can't see that link. Duh, I are smart. :o
  • edited September 2005
    This is weird, now this thread doesn't even come up in the regular list under hardware discussion for me...I could only access it by it being under "last post" and it doesn't even come up in my user cp as being subscribed to it..
  • edited September 2005
    Any clues to the sound prob I'm having? anyone?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Try restarting your computer without the USB headphones plugged in, see if speakers work. This action is part diagnostic, so tell us if speakers now work or not please.
  • edited September 2005
    Oh yeah, I did that already...In fact, I took the headphones out after just about a minute or so of testing them...After that, the speakers just didn't work. I tried restarting, I even turned it off, and unplugged the whole thing, turned it back on..etc

What's interesting also is, I have a db meter on the front of my case. When I play music say using windows media player, the db is moving, and sensing the sound, or noise...There's just no actual sound coming from the speakers themselves..And like I said, the controller that comes with it, doesn't even turn on now...It's like it's stuck in headphone mode..lol
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Check the Windows volume control or the control panel used by the speakers. Maybe it drops the output down to zero when the 'phones are plugged in? Dunno if that will help but it's worth a shot.
  • edited September 2005
    Yeah..tried that too man..thanks for the suggestions though..

Could it be a low power supply or possibly the sound card do you think?