eVGA 6600GT Video Playback Problem

2»

Comments

• edited October 2005
    If you don't know what chipset your mobo is, or anything about your computer, I recommend grabbing CPU-Z. It tells you all about your hardware.
  • edited October 2005
    New problem.

I updated the via driver and 8.1.5.0 work with avi now.. however, a new problme come.

Whne I try to play final fantasy xi yesterday, there are some heavy problem with the graphic. It is like there is some kidn of rendering problem with ym character. It is like the graphc is breaking apart, so i am forced to system restore to 7.1.9.0

I have heard of a graphic break up problem, but anyone here know a soloution?
  • PapirossaPapirossa Italy
    edited November 2005
    Had same problem playing viedos with my new GeForce 6600GT.
    I resolved upgrading to 81.85, and upgrading chipset drivers...

but now as Xellos I have BAD time with my games! I got Crashes to Desktop and reboots where everything worked fine.

Sob. Posted a thread in "Hardware" forum...
  • edited November 2005
    Hi, I have the same problem, and changing the hardware acceleration helps and lets me view videos.

However....

I need to turn the acceleration back up to play games, but this means games that have a movie file as an opening sequence dont run! GTA Vice City and San Andreas wont run at all and its really annoying me! If I turn the acceleration down so the movie would play, the game cant start!

I want to update my motherboard drivers, but im at a loss as to how. This is the download page for my board:

http://www.asrock.com/support/download/dl_k7s8x.htm

I downloaded the top driver, but cant seem to install it - the setup file in the folder wont run. Is there anywhere else i can get a driver? Ive never done this with motherboards before, so am at a loss!

Thanks.
  • edited November 2005
    Hello guys. i have been having the same issue 6600GT and no video playback. Luckily, just before i updates my mainboard, i rechecked (second time today) nvidia's website and to my amazement they haveput a newer version of the drivers; the 81.95 :) installed those drivers and HURRAY. video plays fine. hope it works for you guys as well.
  • edited December 2005
    Enter at www.guru3d.com and download savage xp overdrive apocalypse driver 67.02 version,i have the same problems and this driver fixed it.Sorry about my english,but i´m spanish.