Finished setting up the lab

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Folding@Home
I just added 40 gigahertz of hyperthreaded goodness. That is all.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I lied, that wasn't all. Now I added 18 gigahertz of iMac G5 goodness (with two more on the way once I get the other iMac back from the shop tomorrow).

...and 9.2 gigahertz of G5 (dual proc tower) goodness, assuming one GUI instance on a Mac will take advantage of all that power.

...and I just remembered about a couple more PCs I'll get to this weekend sometime.

To recap, that's something like 80 gigahertz folding for the team as "JuniataCollege" by the end of the weekend. Look for a small upcoming point spike...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    nice!

Watch those imac g5s though.. they run very, very hot and honestly, they don't fold all that stably during normal use. I actually resorted to turning off folding during the day while I'm working on it. I would consider an imac g5 a laptop for thermal purposes.
    edited September 2005
    nice!

Watch those imac g5s though.. they run very, very hot and honestly, they don't fold all that stably during normal use. I actually resorted to turning off folding during the day while I'm working on it. I would consider an imac g5 a laptop for thermal purposes.
    Hmm, will do. I've been a little leery of the Mac version anyway and all the gymnastics I have to go through to have it work in a public lab (essentially I have to leave a seperate account logged on... which means I will have to re-login everytime I reboot the lab) :-/
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    That is an awesome haul. :D

On a personal note, I knew school was back in session when you started pulling away from me again. :bawling:

/me says: Someday, Keebler, someday... :ninja:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited September 2005
    Juniata College will get a mil in no time :cool:
    edited September 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    That is an awesome haul. :D

On a personal note, I knew school was back in session when you started pulling away from me again. :bawling:

/me says: Someday, Keebler, someday... :ninja:
    I have not yet begun to fight... :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Outstanding. Did the school require "Juniata College", or are you just being a loyal gentleman by giving your college credit?
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    WTF General!
    edited September 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Outstanding. Did the school require "Juniata College", or are you just being a loyal gentleman by giving your college credit?
    Nah, they didn't require anything. I just want to be able to differentiate the points both so it doesn't look like I'm doing it for my own benefit, and to be able to point to how much the school accomplishes :)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2005
    Nice one General. :thumbsup:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited September 2005
    :eek:

Fantastic! :D