Audigy 2 ZS sound card

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited September 2005 in Hardware
I got a little problem with my Audigy 2 ZS sound card ... Let me explain the problem, most of the time when my computer is on my speaker are connected to the card... But when i want to play game i unplug the speaker (3 input plug) to connect the 3 input plug of my surround zalman headset. Everything works, the card was working well... since last nite...

Last nite i unplug my speaker to plug my headset and play SWAT 4 ... But then in my headset in the left speaker i heard some distortion... I was thinking 'damn my headset is broken' but then i plug my speaker and i hear the distortion, but ONLY from the rear left speaker... (I got 5.1 speaker set)

So... im pretty sure it comes from the sound card itself, at the 'source'... But the only thing i do is plug/unplug from speaker to headset... Do you think this is enough to cause that ?

BTW this is an OEM card that i got a low prince on NCIX.com like 3 months ago so i don't even think it's on warranty now... I did nothing wrong, no ? :scratch:

What do you think about that ?... Was it a bad idea to change between speaker & headset like 6 or 10 times a week ??? :scratch:

Today after work i will try to unistall the ZS and switch to the onboard sound device and see if it works without distortion, but im sure it will works well...

Any suggestion or idea of what went wrong is welcome

Thankx

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    You probably installed the wrong driver.(go on creatives site and redownload it :))
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited September 2005
    Wrong driver ??? It was working since i've installed it 3 months ago... without distortion...

I've done what i did a large number of times before, unplug speaker and plug headset and then ... distortion from the rear left... It's not the kind of distortion that can't be heard... It's an heavy distortion that makes the rear left speaker crazy when any sound comes out :shakehead

So, i don't think it's a driver, because if it was the driver the distortion will not have appear suddenly after 2 months...

EDIT : Still, i will try to get a newer driver tonight... But i've read that getting a newer driver with an OEM version is running after trouble... Anyway I've got nothing to lose i'm already in problems ;)
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited September 2005
    OEM versions shouldn't be any different hardware-wise than retail.
  • edited September 2005
    Could not tell you what the problem is im have crackling and distorsion with Audigy 2 ZS as well
    edited September 2005
    Today i've made some other test ...

Good news : No more distortion from rear left speaker :confused:

Bad news : No more sound from rear left speaker :wtf:

I've installed the newest driver for the ZS and made some other test... no change at all... still no sound from rear left speaker.

The good in this is that now i can take my headset without hearing distortion because the rear left does not make sound any more... The sound is just 'less surround' from the left... :bawling:

That's **** :(

I can't even tell what went wrong... I'll try some other things tomorow like 'playing' with the card and see if it change something... Im lucky that just rear sound is affected i suppose, front would make me more angry as it is by far more important... If i don't found the problem then i suppose this is the card itself... I've never RMA anything and im sure they'll tell me that's my fault and *blah blah blah* because when i receive it, it was working... :shakehead

Maybe i'll decide to live with it... :(
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Good luck with your sound system. Wish I had a solution for you. But until then...

SM Byte! :D
    edited September 2005
    Hah thankx Leonardo ;)

I've try so many things and the left rear speaker still don't play any sound about now... Weird thing... But i guest that's part of the computer hardware 'game' :p

BTW for the 'SM byte' i said it that way because i was hoping to make laugh someone :p thankx for filling up that role :thumbsup:

My little beast had maybe lose a mouth to express herself, but still she *yes i talk of her like a female sometimes :mullet:* got a damn good heart & look ! :D

I'll post back if i found a solution to this weird problem one day :scratch: