SM7 - Signup Closed!

2»

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Hey no one has contacted me about misc, parts I have to help build the next rig! I have sent Pm's :(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    If you're interested in becoming a host, enverex, please sign up :)
    edited September 2005
    Just watch for the big Toe :) It isn't in good standing!

Just because I signed Up doesn't mean I will get it.... As most people who are on the list fall under better standing than me! making them the better choice. I just want it to be known that I am here to stay, and if it takes me 2 years to be honored in hosting a SMX rig than so be it, But I am not going to sit in the side lines, it is better to be known that you are interested over a 2 year period than to start requesting after 2 years. If you know what I mean,

And as to better standing, I think I stand quite well I have rose up 786 positions in 2 weeks and plan to be in the top 10 by this time next year. If anyone doubts my intentions please say so/ I don't want anyone to think of me being the guy who is sneaking in and trying to take over :) rather I just enjoy a tight nit team like team 93 :) good community = good friends! And it seems so far that Short media is one site that has it’s act together and has a great community, that is why I now call it home :)
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited September 2005
    FormFactor wrote:
    Sweet avatar, can ya get those cogs red?

That would be good.
    I just downloaded the avatar from a free site, can't remember which.
    I'm sure there are some clever chaps out there that could modify it somehow.
    :)

Sledgehammer.... nice reply, glad you kept your cool. Enthusiasm and total commitment are what makes Team 93, good to have you on board :thumbsup:

Cheers

Crypto :D
    edited September 2005
    I have no reason to snap back or be upset, Enverex has all the right in the world to ask/ state that question. I am a new member going for something that old member haven't even gotten yet. But I ask the Enverex that he would keep an eye on me and see how dedicated I am :)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    If you're interested in becoming a host, enverex, please sign up :)

That seems more like a veiled sarcastic comment than anything else but I'll reply civily anyway. I can't host one because I simply don't have anywhere to host it, it's also enough of a problem with parents complaining they can't pay the electric bills as is.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    no sarcasm intended. :confused:
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    no sarcasm intended. :confused:

Oh sorry, just a little wired today.
    edited September 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    That seems more like a veiled sarcastic comment than anything else but I'll reply civily anyway. I can't host one because I simply don't have anywhere to host it, it's also enough of a problem with parents complaining they can't pay the electric bills as is.

Hey Enverex,

I can understand your frustration. It'll come old chap, don't you worry. Just keep dialling in and supporting those that are able to.

I have the reverse problem, I'm a parent that's trying to keep my two kids on the straight and narrow, folding that is! :)

Keep supporting Team 93 and you will surely be on the way to heaven (whatever that is :) )

Cheers

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    ...I just want it to be known that I am here to stay, and if it takes me 2 years to be honored in hosting a SMX rig than so be it, But I am not going to sit in the side lines, it is better to be known that you are interested over a 2 year period than to start requesting after 2 years. If you know what I mean...
    Yep. :)

We have a great team with lots of qualified members who would like to be an SMx host. I can't remember the last time we had an easy time making a selection - if there ever was one.

Counting reissued and replacement rigs, this marks the ninth computer we've offered in just under six months (since April 8th). We have more rigs already in the pipeline undergoing their burn-in on my workbench at this very moment. We can only offer them one at a time, but anyone who wants to be a host and is dedicated over the long haul will have their number come up eventually. :thumbsup:

:smokin:
    edited October 2005
    We have about 48 hours left before we'll close the signup period.

Anyone else in? :)
    edited October 2005
    Last call.

A few more hours remain to signup. :)

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Good luck folks! (Both the people who are in the running, as well as the selection committee!) :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    ewww... Im getting excited to see who gets the honors :)
    edited October 2005
    For SM7, here are the Solid Six:

:fold: CRYPTO
    :fold: DEICIST
    :fold: DOCTORGEO2008
    :fold: GARETH
    :fold: MAXIMUSBAD
    :fold: SLEDGEHAMMER70

Ballots will be sent to the members of the SMx Committee soon. Look for an announcement within the next few days.

Good luck, everybody! :D
    edited October 2005
    I may be at the bottom of the list but my Folding score is soon to be at the top :)
    edited October 2005
    I'm pretty sure the list is in the order that people posted in this thread, so don't sweat being at the bottom of the list. :thumbsup:
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited October 2005
    well if you look at the first page you will see that I actually submitted my name first :P just thought i would point that out, lol
    edited October 2005
    maximusbad wrote:
    well if you look at the first page you will see that I actually submitted my name first :P just thought i would point that out, lol

Looks alphabetical to me :D

Crypto
    edited October 2005
    LOL! look at what I started....
    edited October 2005
    Ah! Totally Alphabetical! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    I cheated and cribbed the list from QCH's post where he had set things up for his database. It won't affect the voting. :p
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    The voting is almost complete... stay tuned!!! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    Im getting so nervious
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Everyone... However the results play out... we have more SMx rigs in the wings. As a matter of fact, the next rig is a special rig... Keep the spirit up!!!
    edited October 2005
    I'm off down the pub.

Mrs. Crypto is away on a yoga retreat this weekend, and my local has just got in Harvey's Old, a special autumn treat. Excellent timing :thumbsup:

Win or lose, I shall be mellow later!

Cheers

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Good luck to all of the potential hosts! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Everyone... However the results play out... we have more SMx rigs in the wings.
    We do indeed. There will likely be an announcement within the next few days. :thumbsup::fold:

As a matter of fact, the next rig is a special rig... Keep the spirit up!!!
    All the SMx rigs are equally special, though one might argue that some are more equal than others. :vimp:
    edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    ...There will likely be an announcement within the next few days...
    I lied. ;)

The announcement has just been made. :D