Welcome Fusion-X_LAN_Farm to Team 93!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Folding@Home
I think perhaps some of our friends in the Missouri area may have something to do with this.... ;D

Welcome aboard! Anything with the word "FARM" in it is a welcome addition to the team :)

:smokin:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, man - the best gets even better! :D

Welcome to The Team, Fusion! :thumbsup::fold:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Welcome. BTW, we welcome you whether the "farm" is a field of sunflowers (multiple computers) or simply a violet in a potted plant!

Still though, hope it's a whole bunch of sunflowers.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2005
    Welcome and thanks for joining. :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to our crazy folding farm.... we are all WACKO for Folding!!!
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited September 2005
    This is the work of Park_7677 and me :D

We have a lot of computers that we aquired for free and are putting together a diskless linux farm. Right now only the server is running, since we don't have enough PSUs. We'll be sure to let you all know when the best is up and running. :thumbsup:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to the team :thumbsup:
    edited September 2005
    ...Right now only the server is running, since we don't have enough PSUs...
    If the computers don't require massive amounts of power, you might give this a try.

Sounds like a neat project. :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    welcome to team 93, we will be looking forward to seeing your CPU's in action :)
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited September 2005
    Good news! We got 6 PSUs today so that's most of our power :) . Just some odds and ins to get it up and running. One big set back is Intel's motherboards requiring AGP video to boot. :rolleyes: Also getting these old ISA NICs to boot disk-less will be a chore also.

We've got:
    6x P3 750MHz (Clients)
    1x AMD K6 450MHz (Client)
    1x Dual Celerons @ 533MHz (Server)

Not top speed but MOST of the equipment has been gotten free! We agreed to make the design and finished project presentable to students interested in computers. Maybe we'll catch some fish there also :p
    edited September 2005
    If you need some PCI NIC's, send me a PM - I may be able to help you out. Free, as long as they help you Fold for Team 93. :cool:

AGP Video required? Hmmm... :scratch:
    edited September 2005
    One big set back is Intel's motherboards requiring AGP video to boot.
    Huh? What boards are talking about? My No.2 in signature (Abit IC7-G) runs a PCI video card. OK, I don't know the mobo(s) you're talking about; but whatever, there should be a BIOS setting for "boot in AGP mode".
    edited September 2005
    If you figure out the AGP/PCI video business I'd be glad to send you a box of PCI video cards, it would save me from having to take them out to the dumpster. ;)
    edited September 2005
    We might have missed the AGP/PCI setting, but tomorrow we'll look at it since we're getting the PSUs. The motherboard is the Intel SE440BX-2.

prof, we'll be sure to let you know if we need those video cards, don't throw them away just yet.
    edited September 2005
    ...prof, we'll be sure to let you know if we need those video cards, don't throw them away just yet.
    I've hung onto them this long, a few more days (or weeks) won't matter.

I've got a boatload of PCI NIC's you can have, too. Say the word and they're yours. I'd be quite happy to see them working for Team 93, as opposed to sitting around gathering dust. :fold:
    edited September 2005
    The motherboard is the Intel SE440BX-2.
    There's got to be an AGP/VGA setting in there somewhere. When the 440 series chipsets were in production, PCI video cards were commonplace.
    edited September 2005
    Leo is dead on.

If you've got one AGP card I'd try using that to allow you to get into the BIOS and adjust the video setting(s) to PCI.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to the Team!!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to team 93.
    edited September 2005
    I found the setting to change from AGP to PCI video, we should be good to go when prof sends us a box full of goodies. :D