Windows XP Wont boot, tried all options :(

2»

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    alexb wrote:
    And now, when i turn it on i get a loud beeping noise coming from my motherboard i think...
    How many beeps and in what pattern (e.g. long-short-short-short, etc)? Sometimes when you remove RAM your MB will beep at you as a warning that it didn't see the amount of memory it expected.

Can you provide detailed specs of your system? What brand and model are your Motherboard, Video Card, etc? How much RAM did you have initially; how much tested good and is still in the machine? What type and speed is your CPU? Provide as much information as you can about your PSU; brand and model would be great.

You might try stripping the machine down to the bare essentials and see what happens then. Remove all cards except for the Video Card. Unplug all the drives (including CD/DVD, and spare HD's, if any) except for your boot HD. If you can boot at all like this, add in the other components one at a time.

The fact that things conked out on you during Memtest could merely be bad RAM, but could also be a symptom of a failing PSU (Power Supply Unit). If possible, test the RAM with Memtest-86 in a different machine. If you have a spare PSU try that (borrow one from a friend, if necessary). How does your CPU temperature look in the BIOS? If it is overheating that could be another explanation for some of these problems.

With all of the things you have going on the ideal test situation would be to swap out the parts one by one to see if changing one component makes a difference.
  • edited September 2005
    Getting late here,

Ill read over the advice and try again tomorrow.

'Night