pc wont post at all

edited October 2005 in Hardware
hi guys this is my first ever post so i hope iam doing it right any way i got a new motherboard gigabyte 81875 skt478 to replace my ga 8ipe 1000 .hooked everthing up and it wont post no beeps and my speaker is in tryed with only power cpu and one stick of ram it turns on as fans all spin cpu gets warm but still no post .ive tryed all dimm slots gfx in and out sata hdd and a ata hdd but still no.when i hook up ide for my cd roms the light on the drives stays on it sounds like its in reset mode non stop .triple checked f panel all fine the only time i hear a beep is when i have cpu in and no ram i get the non stop beep which is the ram i think .then i put ram in no beep and no post i have a good psu 500w .i have 2 psu tried both still no go tryed 2 gfx cards still no go .ive tryed cpu in another pc all fine i have reset cmos batt out over night and presed power button to drain power still no go and ive taken mb out to see if there is a short but all sweet please help my specs :2.6ghz p4 northwood 800fsb 4 256 kingston value ram 500w fsp blue storm psu 80gb sata hdd and a x850xt gfx card thank you all for helping me :)

Comments

• edited October 2005
    hey i got it going my ram **** it self so for all of you who say you should hear beeps all the time your wrong if ya ram is stuffed you get no beeps well on my mother board any way :):thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Sorry, it's very hard to read your typing. Are you saying the RAM was preventing boot up? What did you do - switch DIMMs?

Glad you got it fixed.
  • edited October 2005
    cheers mate my ram was broken.all i had to do was put diff ram in take old out but its all good now well iam back to battlefield 2 love that game ;D:D