ASRock ULi MB?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
In hindsight I think I should have posted this before I bought it :D Got itchy spending fingers.

Anyways, I am curious if anyone else got one of these and how happy you are with it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813157081

I read a review at Anandtech that showed it to be very good, though off hand I am unsure how old that article was.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    sure can't beat the price for those features! The 5/5 avg out of 106 votes on Newegg is definitely a good sign. I hope you're happy with it also :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Yeah I am hoping for the best, been a long time since I had a board I actually liked. I think my last favorite was the KG7-RAID II or something along those lines, back in the good ol' days :thumbsup:
  • edited October 2005
    All the reviews I've read say it's great (both the board and the chipset itself). I'm going to be waiting for ASUS and ABIT to come out with a board based on this chipset myself, but only because I want even more OCing options than what ASR gives you.

That, and I don't plan on looking at building a new machine for at least another 6 months.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    Yeah I would wait for a tier 1 motherboard manufacture to produce one of these boards if there are none out yet. And Asrock and ASUS are the came company. Asus is actually apart of Asrock I think.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    ASRock is a part of Asus. Minor quibble.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited October 2005
    The chipset sounds very promising. I will definetly look into getting one in the next few months. Let us know how it works for you. I, for one, am very interested.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    ASRock is the "Value" brand of ASUS. :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    The ULI brand used to be ALI. They (ALI) were rather lackluster performers, primarily appearing in low-end boards. The ALI-ULI transformation was to include continual support to the low end segment of the motherboard industry, but the owners also wanted to compete head to head with VIA's best chipsets. The set you have is ULI's attempt capture a segment of the 'enthusiast' market. Yes, I read that Anandtech review also. They were genuinely pleased with board. That article is fairly recent.