F@H Contest - We Made It To 50,000,000!

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Is it possible to find out what I guessed :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Is it possible to find out what I guessed :)
    Check in your UserCP and look under Private Messages>>List Messages>> Jump to Folder:>>Sent Items.

If you can't find it send me a PM and I'll tell you. :)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    For the first problem you could always stop the service before starting the game. The second issue is a little trickier; 100% CPU usage is going to heat up the machine no matter what. :(

Here's an idea: Set the client to use 50% maximum CPU power for now, making you eligible to enter both contests. Win the top prize (we're still collecting money, but it's going to be over $50), then sink the easy cash you just made into a killer HSF and bump things up to 100%.

There's always a solution if you look for it. :D

/me does not give up easily ;D

Setting it to 50% still doesn't remove the negative impact in games, but I could use that on one of the other machines...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    There's a negative impact in games? I've not noticed any.
    edited October 2005
    UPDATE:

We still have eleven people in the running for the jackpot, but unless we reach 50 Million by early tomorrow morning that number will drop to ten, with another person having been mathematically eliminated.

As of today's 6:00PM Central Time update, Team 93 stands at 49,813,603 points. Our 24-Hour average is currently 96,607, meaning we are estimated to cross the line in just under two days!

If you want in on the random drawing and are an active member of Team 93, there is still time to enter. Post in this thread and tell us what you are doing to boost production and make a suggestion on how the team can improve.

Time is short - get while the getting's good! :D
    edited October 2005
    We're down to ten people with a mathematical chance of winning the Date/Time part of our contest. Barring a last-minute surge one of those ten will be eliminated tonight. Three others are going to have to wish Team 93 a little bad luck over the next few days if they are to win, since our current pace indicates we will reach our goal well before the Date & Time they predicted. That leaves six members with a solid shot at taking home the prize. Two of those are looking to be in a very strong position right now. :cool:

As of today's 9:00PM CDT update, Team 93 is sitting at 49,917,782 points and maintaining a current daily average of 96,677 points, meaning we are likely to hit 50,000,000 within the next twenty-four hours. :eek:

Get the party hats and balloons ready - we're almost there! :celebrate
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    !!! Go !!!
    !!! Short-Media !!!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    :celebrate :woowoo: :celebrate
    edited October 2005
    UPDATE:

As of today's 9:00AM CDT stats update, Team 93 has reached 49,970,287 points.

29,713 points to go! :woowoo:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Go team!

29K, shoot, that's nuthin! :fold:
    edited October 2005
    According to Stanford (not EOC... EOC is official for this contest...), we're only 1437 points away. 49,998,563 points... We're getting close!!!!!
    edited October 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    According to Stanford (not EOC... EOC is official for this contest...), we're only 1437 points away. 49,998,563 points... We're getting close!!!!!

Quick! Somebody post exactly 100 points! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    I just noticed that... :D1337
    edited October 2005
    EOC @ 3:00 PM = 49,993,844
    Stanford is a bit more current though, sorry... 50,003,238.

Either way... Short-Media RULES!!!!!
    edited October 2005
    Awesome!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Bah, I was 12 hours off. How dare I underestimate the production of SM?!

Go team! :smokin:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

50 million! :smokin:
    edited October 2005
    And now...

...the moment we've all been waiting for...

...OUR team, TEAM 93, has just reached...
    50,000,000 POINTS!!!!!!!
    :fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold:
    :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
    :smokin:

We'll announce the winner of the prediction phase of our contest in a few minutes, but before we do - TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! :D
    edited October 2005
    And while we're at it, how about this:

We didn't limp in through the back door on our last legs - we kicked the front door down and stomped it to bits!
    edited October 2005
    The update which put us over the top arrived at 6:00PM CDT. As mentioned when this contest was announced, in the event of a tie we would draw from the members with the winning predictions and choose one person to carry off the prize.

This will not be necessary - we have a clear winner!

And that winner is... drasnor!

We'll be in touch with you soon to arrange the delivery of your prize. :thumbsup:

I should mention that we had two members whose guesses were so close that had we made it to our goal either one update sooner or two updates later we would have had to resort to a drawing for the jackpot. Better luck next time, teammates. :)

We will hold the random drawing for the other prize soon. Those members who posted in this thread and followed the guidelines for eligibilty (see Post #1 in this thread) are still in the running for a nice chunk of change. (Except you, drasnor - it's one prize to a customer. :p )

There will be another drawing from what the Team Staff deem the best five suggestions for helping us improve as a team with a third prize awarded to another lucky member of Team 93. This is going to take a little more time to determine, so please be patient. We had a lot of really good suggestions and it's going to be hard to choose the best five. It's a safe bet that many of your thoughful ideas will be implemented, hopefully very soon.

Now, on to 100,000,000!!!!!!! :D

:smokin:
    edited October 2005
    Congrats, dras!
    edited October 2005
    Way to go Team!!!! Next step, 75,000,000 points!!!
    !!!! Go Team Go !!!!
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    Congrats dras :thumbsup:

I'l win next time :rarr:
    edited October 2005
    ...I'll win next time :rarr:
    Hey - you could still win one of the other two prizes this time around. :D
    edited October 2005
    I could but i'm 1 in 30, so my chances are limited. Unless, you guys cheat :o
    edited October 2005
    I could but i'm 1 in 30, so my chances are limited. Unless, you guys cheat :o
    How bad do you want to win?

$end u$ $ome rea$on$ in a Private Me$$age and thing$ could po$$ibly be arranged. ;D
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2005
    :wow2:

And you got there before I could make 5000!

Hehe- hope we break a 100 million before I get to 10K!

At any rate

Congratulations ya' all!

And Drasnor too!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    Welcome to team 93.
    edited October 2005
    Are you in the right thread GF? :scratch:
    profdlp wrote:
    How bad do you want to win?

$end u$ $ome rea$on$ in a Private Me$$age and thing$ could po$$ibly be arranged. ;D
    lol, the rea$on$ would probably be given to $omeone el$e :D
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited October 2005
    Congrats Drasnor and congrats to Team 93!!! We rock!!! :mullet: