WTB: Job lots of obsolete (PII) pcs

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited October 2005 in Trading Post
Not really sure if this is in the right forum, but I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I'm looking to buy job lots (10+) of fairly old PCs, prefereably around the PII-400 mark, but anything down to a Pentium 100 should be fine. Must have CD-ROMS, be able to boot from CD and have network ports. Anyone know where I could look for something like that?

ps: must be in the UK too.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I would contact businesses that are upgrading their automation. If you can find a business that still has equipment that slow, that hasn't already disposed of it two or three generations ago, they might be happy to give you the equipment. It might be easier than the environmental restrictions on disposal. Seriously though, it may be tough to find a quantity of machines that old.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited October 2005
    yeah, managed to get a lot of 10 or so from a school, but I could still do with more... cheers for the response though :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    damn. i have about 15 complete dell optiplex GXs - from p2/450 to p3/933.... here in the USA :(
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited October 2005
    Heh, maybe I can convince my manager to send me over to collect them :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    deicist wrote:
    Heh, maybe I can convince my manager to send me over to collect them :)
    Better yet, convince him to buy me a round-trip ticket and I'll deliver them for prime.

I'd love to get over there and meet all you guys. :D :ukflag: