Good Memory Bandwidth?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
I have my memory(Kingston HyperX PC3200 DDR) at default levels of 400MHz 2-3-3-6 2T Nothing in my system is OC'd or anything. It's running in Dual Channel.

According to Sisoft(default settings) I am doing 4570MB/s

The reason I ask is becuase the examples show a VIA K8T890 2xPC3200 CL3 DDR doing slightly better than I am with my much better timing of CL2. Am I missing something here?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    RWB wrote:
    I have my memory(Kingston HyperX PC3200 DDR) at default levels of 400MHz 2-3-3-6 2T Nothing in my system is OC'd or anything. It's running in Dual Channel.

According to Sisoft(default settings) I am doing 4570MB/s

The reason I ask is becuase the examples show a VIA K8T890 2xPC3200 CL3 DDR doing slightly better than I am with my much better timing of CL2. Am I missing something here?

Put it on 1t.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Can't, this board doesn't like 1T :(
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Hey RWB, whats your system specs?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    RWB wrote:
    Can't, this board doesn't like 1T :(

Well then you just threw your score in sissoft sandra out the window :(.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    My specs are...

Athlon64 X2 3800+
    ASRock SATA2 MB
    1GB PC3200 Kingston HyperX DDR(about to be 2GB! woot!)

This motherboard isn't very good, don't buy it. After searching the net for answers to many problems I see many many issues from many people, usually minor, but issues non-the-less. Plus I haven't found anyone who can get 1t ratings on this motherboard :shakehead

What can you really expect from a $65 board anyways? When I upgrade my graphics card, I'll upgrade this motherboard too.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    What can you really expect from a $65 board anyways?
    Yeah, you summed it up pretty well. I'd say that board's a great performer, considering the price.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Well hey... I looke dat an article that gave me some ideas about overclocking. So I underclocked it.

I first set the multiplier to x6 and then set all my memory timings to AUTO except CL which I have at CL2, but I also set the cammand rate to 1t. I also set my divider to only 166MHz(333).

Outta curiosity I ran Sisoft and got 4800MB/s. Damn. Time for Overclocking. I wanna test this bad boy out now that I have a much better idea at how to OC a Athlon64! Last time I OC'd was during the good ol' days of AthlonXP's(Thunderbird's and Thoroughbreds anyone?) ;D