Will crossfire Mtherboards be Available for S754

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Will crossfire Mtherboards be Available for athlon 64bit socket 754, becuase i have a athlon 64 bit 3400 and are planning to get crossfire and i dont want to upgrade my cpu its only a 1 year old

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Hmm, great question. 754 is dead - no new CPUs for that socket. I wouldn't expect to much coming out for that platform. Crossfire? I don't know, but I'd bet not.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    I agree - I just don't see that happening. Sorry, but you'll probably have to upgrade your CPU. :(
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    how much would you sell your cpu for, its a socket 754 right?
  • edited October 2005
    is it really dead already blody hell, Its a AMD64 Socket 754 3400, 2.4ghz
    lol i only upgraded 1 year ago, how much do u think its worth
  • EnverexEnverex
    beats his 754 to death with a large metal object on a wooden stick
    Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    beats his 754 to death with a large metal object on a wooden stick
  • edited October 2005
    if its true an they do not get crossfire boards out for s754 ati are gonna loose to nvidia becuase ecs have bought out an sli board for s754 so i may aswell get to 7800gtx's but i still prefer ati
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    Play Nice

Omega65
    Motherboard Moderator
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2005
    fatality wrote:
    Will crossfire Mtherboards be Available for athlon 64bit socket 754, becuase i have a athlon 64 bit 3400 and are planning to get crossfire and i dont want to upgrade my cpu its only a 1 year old
    S754 is dead. Dont expect a Crossfire board for S754.

HOWEVER EPoX makes a NF4 Chipset based S754 SLI motherboard.

EPoX 8NPA SLi

IMO You should sell you S754 CPU for whatever you can get for it and buy a S939 3000+ or 3200+ core CPU and grab a Nvidia chipset based mobo. Expect ATI to suffer teething pains with their new chipsets. You dont want to be their guinea pig.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Thats what sucks though, I will end up buying a new processor for pretty much the same this cost me, and it will only be a small amount faster. Cost of a whole new system with virtually nothing to show for it.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2005
    New (to you) Motherboard $75
    S939 Venice 3000+ ~$100
    Total: $175

Sell your old CPU and adds some funds and it's not so much..... I know someone selling a complete Abit AN8 SLI for $100 shipped