foxconn motherboard no sound?

edited October 2005 in Hardware
i recently had a motherboard foxconn 661fx7mf-s installed in my computer
since that time i cannot get any sound from it

i have over and over downloaded the real tec one from the disk i got witht he motherboard and then downloaded a fix from the internet which ended up being the same real tec system as the disk had

what can i do to actually get some sound on my computer?

any suggestions
i have a celeron

Comments

• edited October 2005
    i had a foxconn motherboard put into my computer
    661fx7mf-s and i cannot get the sound card to work
    i have tried reloading the sound driver real tek ac97

when i do a diagnostic it says the card is working and the driver is working and all that sort of stuff but when i go to use the sound mymedia system says there is something wrong with the sound device or sound card
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    You don't need to post the same thing twice.
  • edited October 2005
    i assumed i was posting it in two totally different areas so different people would see it
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2005
    Download the Realtek Sound Driver from here

The Green port is the Line out (sound) jack
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Richard, I've consolidated your Foxcon threads into one thread - here. Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue. That only causes members who are trying to help you confusion - jumping around the board, not seeing all the replies.

Welcome to Short-Media. I hope we get your problem sorted out.
  • edited October 2005
    You might also boot into bios and make sure the onboard sound is enabled too.
  • edited October 2005
    Hi, I had a simular problem.
    My problem was that I loaded the fail safe settings in the bios when installing, and that turns off the on board audio.
    So if your using the on board audio look for the setting to turn audio on in the bios.
    Hope this helps
    -Lee-