Pc wont boot fully

barblesbarbles Chicago
edited October 2005 in Hardware
I recently disassembled my computer, and then reassembled it for the first time. Everything seemed fine when i started up the computer. The fan turned on, the led light turned on, i hear other normal noises, but I dont here any beep and the monitor stays blank. It stays there doing nothing.
Any ideas?

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    Take everything out again and put it back together. Its probably just a loose connection somewhere. Just take it all out, i know its alot of work, but i bet thats the problem, unless you broke something.

:cheers:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Hey, don't feel bad. All of us started that way, or nearly so I would imagine. Even those of us who've built many computers from scratch still find ourselves in similar situations sometimes. ;D
  • barblesbarbles Chicago
    edited October 2005
    Yea im pretty sure i didnt break anything. Ill just try again and hope it was a small mistake. Thanks
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    If your video card supports two monitors with identical connectors, try the other one. I nearly had a stroke once when I disassembled my machine for cleaning, then plugged the monitor back into the wrong place and got no video.

You may want to double-check that you have all the drives hooked up properly, too. If they are jumpered as Master they should be attached at the end of the cable; Slave drives go on the center connector.

While you have everything back apart it wouldn't hurt to clean the contacts on your video card (and the others, too). Gently rubbing an eraser over the gold colored contacts should do the job.

Good luck. :)
  • alexdcdalexdcd The United Kingdom
    edited October 2005
    Sounds annoying!, Try all of the above and if there is still no luck, try ressetting bios and make sure the system speaker/piezo beeper is plugged in. Another possibility is that you may have something plugged in where it shouldnt be. If the motherboard has product codes etc, go onto the manufacturer's webpage and look for the PDF of the motherboard. You should find where things go. i had a similar problem a while ago but my screen turned on and the bios just hung until i fixed the problem. Good luck :thumbsup: