Windows XP 64Bit Professional, OEM, New, $138.95

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Trading Post
If you want the X64 edition of Windows XP, here it is at Newegg. Sale ends October 26. This OEM, so you won't (please don't gasp!) get Microsoft support. But then, if you are reading these forums, you probably aren't one who will be calling MS for support. :D

$138? Not bad at all if you ask me. Again, OEM simply means that you won't get MS support. You will get hardware with your order to make it legal. It will probably be a Molex/y-splitter that Newegg will throw in for free, or for a buck or two.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    a buck or two.
    can i have the girl instead?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    But of course! It must be Ms. Molex!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    csimon wrote:
    can i have the girl instead?
    Looks like my girlfriend, Alyssa Milano :D (need a tounge hanging smiley)

Good find Leo!!!
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited October 2005
    I'm getting it for free because I have access to the MSDN Academic Alliance website (only because my CIS2390 instructor gave us students access to it).
  • RewiredRewired Member
    edited October 2005
    Also have access to it for free as part of the MSDN Academic Alliance. I don't however get Vista Beta 2 which I'm disappointed about. Do you get Vista danball1967?
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited October 2005
    For those interested, I run Windows XP Professional x64 Edition with no performance or stability issues. There are a couple application-specific compatibility issues (Daemon Tools and TrueCrypt) but that's about all. Everything else, including all my games work great. I was a die-hard Windows 2000 user until I got a great deal on an Athlon 64 and an OEM copy of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Now I'm enjoying the new features of XP, but with the rock solid stability of Windows 2000 (well... IIRC it's actually based on Windows 2003 Server).