Rosewill RV450S-2

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
What do you think? Is this a quality unit. I have no knowledge of Rosewill's PSU component or build quality. The rest of their products seem to be good.

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    I had a 350 watt rosewill PSU and it was nice. Never had any problems, but eventually I had to upgrade for a 500 watt PSU because I had a lot of hardware and stuff that the 350 had trouble providing enough power. I would get at least a 450 watt PSU if I were you.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    The desired application for this is my System 1, below. System 1's PSU would be moved to System 3. (The PSU in System 3 has a terrible 12v line.)
    I would get at least a 450 watt PSU if I were you.
    This Rosewill is 425w: 2 X 12v, +3.3, +5. (450w if you include the -5 and -12 rails) If you know of any other quality units for a cheap price at 500W or above, I'd certainly be interested.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I just ordered this ttgi from mtgoat & tex's advice ...I love the specs.
    TTGI/SuperFlower TT-550K14 Modular / X-Connect Power Supply, 550W, 14cm Fan, Low Noise $78.99 ($8.67 Shipping) ordered

if all you need is 450w try this one ...http://www.directron.com/tt450s14.html @$58.99 + shipping

or browse for yourself there is the same 550w that I ordered for $49.99 there except it has all the cables attached. I had to be fancy schmancy and get the modular unit ... ;Dhttp://www.directron.com/pssuperflower.html
    edited October 2005
    Hey guys, thanks for the time you are giving up in providing advice. I guess your idea of "cheap" is different than mine. If I were building a new primary system with the best components - 939 board, AMD X2 processor, 7800 vid card...I would no doubt spring for a high quality, high wattage PSU. The PSUs in my current systems work OK; it's just that I'd be able to OC a little better with higher 12v lines in System 3. That's why I'm looking for "cheap" - it's not a must-have component right now.

That Superflower with the 14cm fan looks great and is a good price - just more than I want to spend right now, especially considering that shipping to Alaska from etailers is their required two-day air or nothing. That last one you linked - only 18amp 12v line and ~25 cooling fans each - must be a dreadful buzzmonstor! ;D

(Boy, Leo is so picky! :shakehead )

So, you guys really think that $32.95 Rosewill is underpowered for my System 1 or System 3?
    edited October 2005
    well excooooooooooooose me! ;D

The last link has the whole sf line and a few are at $29.99 ...even some of the 420's.

So out of curiosity ...how much is shipping to alaska?
    edited October 2005
    Oops...

I had the mouse clicking faster than the synapses in my brain. OK, I see what you mean about that third link. I'll take another look.
    So out of curiosity ...how much is shipping to alaska?
    $33 - Directron's quote :mad: (some profiteering going on)
    $22-30, PSU shipping from Newegg
    ~$10 PSU shipping from previous private deal, US Postal Service, Flat Rate 3-Day Priority

EDIT: Looked again at Directron's shipping options. They offer USPS Priority to Alaska for $20.70.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    go for it, its only 25 watts less. 425 watts is still plenty. Well i gues since i got a watercooling kit it took alot of my power away. (i dont even use the watercooling anymore, i actually sold it so i guess it would be perfect for me too. i might actually get one)
    edited October 2005
    Well, lookie here. Antec TP-II 430 TruePower 430 Watt, dual 12 volt outputs, total 34 amps on the +12v line. $39.95 after CompUSA in-store savings and mail-in rebate. Don't think I'm interested in that Rosewill anymore. No shipping charges. There's a CompUSA just a few minutes from my work place. BestBuy and CompUSA are much more important to me than they were when I lived in the Lower 48. Except for US Postal flat rate Priority, shipping charges can eat you alive up here.
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Oops...

I had the mouse clicking faster than the synapses in my brain.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

Glad you found something you're happier with! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2005
    I bought the Antec 430 dual 12 volt today. I'll install it this weekend in System 1 and report the voltage lines under full load. (System 1 is always at full load and overclocked)
    edited October 2005
    It's installed and I'm happy.