sorry but ill be on soon

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
Sorry guys my support for angel heather has gone to squat! Soon as i get power back on i will be back at it tho!

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I think you've had a BIT more to worry about recently.... :thumbsup:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    POWER is back!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    What a trooper! He is without power due to mother nature and worried about not production. I don't think anyone could complain, especially under the circumstances. ;)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Dedication, I tell ya! I'm impressed.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Dedication, I tell ya! I'm impressed.
    Yes, indeed. Good man, Gnome. :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Gnome :shakehead ...get a generator!!! (How did you keep the beer cold???)

Just kidding ...glad to see you back with electrical! Got a spare governor and mayor??? ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Ever think of signing up for an SMx rig, gnome? That's some serious dedication right there :p
    edited October 2005
    I had the generator going ( but no beer I am not a huge fan of beer ) BUT i didnt want to run my 3800+x2 off generator power, The highs and lows those things put out would shurly put a strain on hte PSU
    edited October 2005
    I had the generator going ( but no beer I am not a huge fan of beer ) BUT i didnt want to run my 3800+x2 off generator power, The highs and lows those things put out would shurly put a strain on hte PSU
    Ah, that means that you don't have a uninterruptable power supply/line conditioner. For shame! First we compliment you - now we don't know what we're gonna do with you! :rolleyes:
    edited October 2005
    actually i have 4 in here , a 950 on my desktop a 350 on my Cable modem and router, a 550 on my T.V. and a 350 for my Lappy.

I don't trust them off of generator power its Beyond Dirty power

Also remember I used to work at Best Buy, I bought like 10 of the APC or geeksquad AVR's while i was there
    edited October 2005
    I don't trust them off of generator power its Beyond Dirty power
    I'll have to look into that. We are in an earthquake zone and are working on a disaster plan for the family. One element of that is a generator... hmm
    edited October 2005
    Generator is a MUST but I tell ya running my electronics off it without a GOOD monster Power Surg and a APC was kinda scary
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2005
    Inconsistant power is a pain. We had some pretty nasty storms some time ago.
    Lost power (again) so decided to buy a 3.2 Kva genset.

Works a treat for running the important stuff in the house, like fridges, freezer, tv 's etc. Not worried about the farm as stated........dirty power.

It's set up for Sally as i work away, just like Mudd. Got one with an electric start as Sally is physically unable to use a pull-start.

Glad you made out ok, Gnome. :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    Hehe John...good to see ya worried about folding production even when you have no power.;D
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Actually you can buy generators with built in line protection and regulation. But they are not cheap at all.
    edited October 2005
    Ever think of signing up for an SMx rig, gnome? That's some serious dedication right there :p

I signed up for like 2 or3 a while back but I guess I will throw my name in, It would definately be an Honor