Happy with New Antec 430 True Power Type II

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
RE: this thread

Today I installed the True Power 430 2.0 (Type II, dual 12v rails) in System 1. It was a true bargain for $39.90. The 12volt line is much healthier now than with the True Power 430 (single 12v rail). It's very quiet, too.

The 430 (single 12v line) that I removed from System 1 I installed in System 3. It replaced a Robontan 600w PSU that was buzzy and had a terrible 12v line. That computer also now has a healthier 12v line and is much quieter.

Dual 12v rails do make a difference.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    how can u tell ur rails and 12v line? I wanna check mine, Oh and BTW congrats on a good PSU we all know ur systems is as good as the PSU thats powering it!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I have not found a way yet (just installed PSU) to check each individual rail. I'm just going by what Motherboard Monitor 5 reports. The 12v instantly improved (rose) after swapping the out the 430 (original) with the 430 TII. Also, there's much less fluctuation now in the 12v line. (Did that answer your question?)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    i guess ill get Mobo monitor! thanks Leo