How do I get EMIII back?

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Ok ...I know the question has been asked and in fact I've answered it myself. It seems I've configured EMIII to dissappear and that it has. Now how do I get it back?

thanks
nube :banghead:

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited November 2005
    Spent 20 mins looking for it and finally found it :D

Create a new text document and name it 'show.me' (without quotes) and save it in your EMIII folder. Open up the EMIII folder, wait a few seconds and EMIII should pop up.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Spent 20 mins looking for it and finally found it :D

Create a new text document and name it 'show.me' (without quotes) and save it in your EMIII folder. Open up the EMIII folder, wait a few seconds and EMIII should pop up.

OMG ...rofl. So simple yet it worked like a charm.

Thanks for that 30mins of your time Trog ...I appreciate that! :thumbsup:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited November 2005
    Its all good ;D:thumbsup:
    edited November 2005
    Cool ...show.me dissappeared once it did the job! ;D
  • edited November 2005
    I was wondering what the weatherman had worked out to unstealth EMIII. He had another way to do it a long time ago, but it didn't work all the time. I think it used to be some key sequence, holding it for a specified time. I do remember being in your shoes, Chris, except I couldn't get it to unstealth again. ;D;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    An example of fact being truly stranger than fiction. That's just plain weird. :scratch:
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    It was the "Scroll Lock" Key.

Run EM in Stealth (No Tray Icon): This feature is always trouble to the new user. Be careful. You can put EM in Stealth Mode (No tray icon and no EM window visible) when EM starts by putting a check in this box. You can also set the stealth mode on from the EM tray icon menu. Once it is invisible, the only way to get EM back is to press and hold the “Scroll Lock” key. You might have to hold it down for as long as 30 seconds before EM will appear. This long delay is there because you may have this program running on a system that is used by others. They may use the scroll lock key for something, who knows for what, but possibly something. The odds are that a simple press of the scroll lock key will not make EM visible except by accident, and that is near impossible to do. So, just be patient if it happens. This feature allows you to monitor a system without others messing with the monitoring program. Used with the other selections available here can run the FAH client, hide it, run the EM program and hide it too. You can check on progress etc. by simply pressing the scroll lock key, viewing the EM window, then setting it back to stealth from the tray icon menu.

Scott
    edited November 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    I was wondering what the weatherman had worked out to unstealth EMIII. He had another way to do it a long time ago, but it didn't work all the time. I think it used to be some key sequence, holding it for a specified time. I do remember being in your shoes, Chris, except I couldn't get it to unstealth again. ;D;D

I tried scroll lock but that didn't work but maybe I didn't hold it down long enough.

I had emailed Larry and shortly after I had gotten it fixed I got his response. Basically he said the same thing except he said to copy any file from the emIII folder into the emIII folder and rename it "show.me". I already had it working as I said so I didn't try his method but I'm sure it would have worked just as the previous method had.
    edited November 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    An example of fact being truly stranger than fiction. That's just plain weird. :scratch:
    Yeah ...and imagine what I was thinking when I went back to the folder after it had worked and there was no "show.me" to be found! ;D:wtf: