Re: Electron Microscope has Dimentia

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
I've never seen this before ...send Larry an email or pm maybe.

:scratch: How on earth did my post end up before your's??? ;D

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I cannot get Electron Microscope to accurately monitor one of my Folding@Home instances. The CPU/Box is Greyhound 1-2. It is sitting on 66 Frames (progress) permanently. The CPU (virtual CPU, hyperthreading) has been registering 66 frames for two weeks! But it has cycled through several work units all without error, all of which have been uploaded to Stanfords servers. F@H is working perfectly; it's just that EMIII has some love affair with "66" and won't let her go. I have removed EMIII three times, and installed a fresh copy three times. Each time 66 reappears for Greyhound 1-2 client. So, that tells me there is some file in the Folding folder that stores data for EMIII. Correct? Which folder would it be? How do I fix this? Attached are pics of EMIII, contents of the effected Folding folder, and contents of that folder's "Work" folder.
    edited November 2005
    csimon wrote:
    :scratch: How on earth did my post end up before your's??? ;D

Oh noes, the dimentia has spread to Sarcnet! :eek:
  • MacaholicMacaholic 1 Infinite Loop
    edited November 2005
    Had this happen numerous times. You just need to keep all the files associated with the current work unit. As you can see from your work folder, unit 9 is currently being processed. EMIII got "confused" due to all the unit 3 files being left behind for whatever reason. Just trash all the files with 03 on them and you should be good to go.
    edited November 2005
    Bingo!

Thanks, Mac. :cool:
  • edited November 2005
    Yep, Macaholic hit the nail on the head. I've had that happen to me a few times too and the sure cure is to remove all files in the work folder not associated with the wu really being processed. I've noticed that sometimes the client will leave some files in the work folder after successfully finishing a wu, confusing EMIII.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    csimon, check your computer clock :eek3:
    edited November 2005
    I've noticed that sometimes the client will leave some files in the work folder after successfully finishing a wu, confusing EMIII.
    Before I got the correct solution in this thread, I emailed Larry at Electron Microscope home . He confirmed what you guys have told me here about the client sometimes failing to remove old work unit files. Hat's off to Larry for providing a great, user friendly monitoring software.