case switches and leds

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Hardware
Anyone know where I can get the standard switches and led lights (pwr, hd) that come with a typical case?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    You could find them in another case...at the dump or on the curb waiting for trash pickup. :D

Actually Chris, I have a junk case in my garage. You want the switches that fit in the case bezel, is that it? So that would be power and reset switches, and LEDs for power, hard drive access, and startup, right? Let me know, and I'll go down and check that case.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Radio Shack would have the LED's. They'd probably have the switches, too, if they are not too far off the beaten path.

A decent electronics supply place should likely have both, even if they are are a little on the unusual side.
    edited November 2005
    Here I am trying to find a free source for our friend Mr. C. Simon, and your intent seems to encourage him to spend money. What, you have stock in Radio Shack? :mad:

j/k ;D
    edited November 2005
    What does a guy with his money need with free stuff? :vimp:
    edited November 2005
    What does a guy with his money need with free stuff?
    I guess you haven't read The Millionaire Next Door. :shakehead One of the traits of people who amass large net worths is frugality. Stands to reason - save more, keep more, invest more.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    ROFL ...don't stop now you guys are on a roll!

Thanks for the offer Leon I appreciate the thought. I may take you up on it if I can't find a general supplier. :thumbsup:

Prof ...do you know of any online suppliers beside RS? I'll check them out online as well. I'm not a shut-in or anything it's just that babysitting can get to be a full-time side job ...not that I'm complaining!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    csimon, your diaper is showing.... Oh, you're the guy holding the cute boy with green face paint. ;D
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    csimon, your diaper is showing.... Oh, you're the guy holding the cute boy with green face paint. ;D

LOL ...I know diaper wedgies just don't seem right do they? ;D
  • rykoryko new york
    edited November 2005
    radio shack won't have them...you need to go to something like comp-usa or microcenter if you want a b&m.

for online....try here...

http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-186.html

if you don't like that kit, you can buy each thing seperate...check here...

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Electronics/se=Switches/mp=menu_search.html
    edited November 2005
    ryko wrote:
    radio shack won't have them...you need to go to something like comp-usa or microcenter if you want a b&m.

for online....try here...

http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-186.html

if you don't like that kit, you can buy each thing seperate...check here...

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Electronics/se=Switches/mp=menu_search.html

Yes! I couldn't find what I was looking for but frozencpu seems to be the place! :thumbsup:
    Can't imagine why this is so difficult to find! :scratch:

Thanks ryko!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    So is this a secret case mod project, or are you just bench testing?
    edited November 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    So is this a secret case mod project, or are you just bench testing?

No it's no secret ...I'm building a case from scratch on my next build. Something to house a pa160 and stuff like that. I found removable mobo trays at mountainmods and they have 5.25 & 3.5 bays as well. It's something I've been thinking about for a while.

Look towards the end of my wish list ...http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33837
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    He's modding the cute kind in that picture. He's already done some case modding with that fine green face paint. Next comes the LED lights... That Kid ganna be 1337... I wonder how he is gonna redo the cooling? ;D
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    He's modding the cute kind in that picture. He's already done some case modding with that fine green face paint. Next comes the LED lights... That Kid ganna be 1337... I wonder how he is gonna redo the cooling? ;D
    ;D

Now I need to find that lian li filter mesh ...I know that has got to be a standard mesh but where to find it? I like it more than that restrictive tight mesh and it does a decent job. It doesn't need to be cleaned as often as the other stuff.

And the filter would look like this ...the last pic shows the filter dust after 2 weeks of work. Mine doesn't get that dirty after 2 weeks. ;D
    edited November 2005
    What's the deal? Doesn't that 1337, face-painted, custom case already have disposable filters? You can even get them at the convenience and grocery stores. :scratch:
    edited November 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    What's the deal? Doesn't that 1337, face-painted, custom case already have disposable filters? You can even get them at the convenience and grocery stores. :scratch:
    Huh ...after 2 weeks? :zombie:

I think his first words were DOT COM. :scratch: Should I be concerned? :wtf:

;D
    edited November 2005
    csimon wrote:
    ...I think his first words were DOT COM. :scratch: Should I be concerned? :wtf:

;D
    VERY concerned. As soon as he gets his own computer all you're ever going to hear is "Hey, Dad - I need an upgrade." You and Newegg will become very good friends. :D
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    i love the camo boy :D i've always wished i had a little brother..
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    www.performance-pcs.com has a lot of wiring, switches, and leds for diy people.
    edited November 2005
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']www.performance-pcs.com has a lot of wiring, switches, and leds for diy people.

cool ...lots of nice crap there for sure!!! :thumbsup: