Can not uninstall programs

leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Science & Tech
so today, i was going to uninstall nero version 6, and went to control panel, and started add or remove programs and i don't see nero listed as currently installed programs, and so is like 20 other programs.

and most of the programs listed in the currently install program list does not even have a remove/uninstall button.

so i thought maybe i will just use the nero uninstall program, and went to program folder, and found it. Double click on it, it tells me, it can not start the uninstall program, and tells me to uninstall in control panel.

so i thought this might be a spyware virus problem, so i ran AVG, adaware, and spybot, and now i'm here and still can't uninstall programs.

btw this is not only happening to nero, tried uninstall NFS most wated demo too, and it didn't work.

what could be wrong guys??

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Leishi, download and run RegCleaner. It's a wonderful little registry cleaner/software removal tool. As long as you only clean/remove what you know to be unneeded on your system, you won't have any problems. I've been using RegCleaner for a couple years. It works great.

RegCleaner
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    so basically it uninstalls programs for me???
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited November 2005
    leishi85 wrote:
    so basically it uninstalls programs for me???
    Not necessarily, but it can correct any invalid registries pertaining to the programs in question.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Mr. Zero is correct, in that RegCleaner can remove progams, but not uninstall. It will though, remove the registry entries. With some programs, you might have to follow up with manually removing program files from their folders, but that's an easy task anyway. But definitely, you should have RegCleaner in your computer toolkit.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    what i want to do right now is get the add/remove programs thing to work.

it's not listing the programs i have installed for some reason, and the ones listed does not have the remove/uninstall button too.