WTB TI83+ calculator.

leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Trading Post
Someone just stole my calculator today, i need one, anyone got one for sale or know a site with good price on it??

Local stories have it for about 90+, that's crazy.

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited September 2003
    i paid $140 for a TI-89, so unless you can find one used, i think you're just going to have to suck it up and dish out the cash
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    A few months after I purchased my TI I saw the same model, but with twice the memory and a higher clock speed for like $30 more. Grrrrrrrr.

I should crack mine open and overclock the sucker! :D
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Man, all the schools here require them so TI has like a monopoly to set ridiculous prices.

BTW, my brother's friend overclocked a TI-83 by like 5x. Apparently they are very OCable... (although he's not the best source)

Mine got stolen too last year, it sucked... security managed to get it later and the criminal forgot to remove one of my labels heh
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Ive seen rebates on them several times.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    i engraved my name on the back of the calculator, and also wrote my name where u open the tab to put in battery, there is a hidden white tab, but i'm not sure if my school's security is any good.

they are just bunch of highschool dropouts, that can't get any other job. and want to meet highschool girls.

FU*KING THEFT, DIE!!!
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    I have a TI-82 that I bought in 1996, still works but I don't have it with me. Its still at my parents house.

Those TI calculators use the Zilog Z-80 CPU's
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited September 2003
    I've got a few ti83 plus's I can sell you one for $60 best. I think we have a spare one lying around the house. PM ME
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    If you want something slightly more interesting, I would get a cheap (but decent) sub $150 PDA and download one or 2 of the TI programs (they have all the cool stuff available on p2p) so you get a TI plus anything else a pocketPC can do.

Just a thought,

EDIT: Added Links;

Every type of Calculator needed -
    http://www.pocketpccity.com/software/pocketpc/calc-scientific-titlesort-1.html

Nearly all the features of a TI83 + 2/3/4D Graphics -
    http://www.twostunads.com/spacetime/

NS
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    If you're still looking, here's one:

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=262841
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Leishi,

Did you every find what you're looking for?