OC a HP pavilion ze2000wm AMD Sempron?

edited December 2005 in Hardware
Let the laughs begin: I bought one of walmarts $378 BF deals. A HP ze2000wm notepad w/ a AMD Sempron Processor. (Yes I know its crap, No its not my only PC, It's only for playing w/ really) This is my first AMD chip. I'm familiar w/ the basics of OCing and was wondering if anyone knew it it was possible on this or any AMD notebook. I didn't see much in the BIOS but it might just be the BIOS that comes pre-loaded.

Also it has a ATI Radeon express 200m. I would think like other ATI cards it can be OCd. I have OC'd nvidia's in the past but not ATI's

Any suggustions on how to get started on either?

Thanks

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    You are best to keep CPUs and GPUs at stock speed in a notebook/laptop. Laptops really don't have the means to release increased heat. They can barely handle heat dissipation as it is.
  • edited November 2005
    Probally true, it was more just the fun of 'can it be done'
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    As far as "can it be done?" Probably not. Most OEMs don't like you overclocking their products, so there are no options in the BIOS to do so. I don't think anyone is going to make a modded BIOS for a laptop, either. You could probably OC the video chip on it (using Powerstrip or any other OC software), but probably not far, as it gets hot in there real quick.
  • edited November 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    As far as "can it be done?" Probably not. Most OEMs don't like you overclocking their products, so there are no options in the BIOS to do so. I don't think anyone is going to make a modded BIOS for a laptop, either. You could probably OC the video chip on it (using Powerstrip or any other OC software), but probably not far, as it gets hot in there real quick.

Thanks, I figured that was the case. The BIOS has very few adjustments and I'm sure your right that we wont see moded BIOS for it. As for the video card, its clocked at 300/200. Since its shared w/ the memory I cant adjust that but I did have some luck pushing the card to 320/200. Fan runs all the time so its probally not very good for it.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited December 2005
    yep I would leave it if I were you. Those things get very hot just under normal word processing.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    ehh..maybe not word processing, thats what intels are for. but they do get hot in a hurry. my friends has an older laptop and you litterally have to put a magezine between you and the laptop or else it gets really hot on the legs. ;D