I've been robbed!

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited December 2005 in Folding@Home
PC2 was doing a 600 pointer, it had done 175 frames out of 250 when it stopped. The log says it was unable to continue and it got another WU. I got 81 points for the work it had done on the 600, shouldn't it have been around 400?

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    hmm, I still haven't even had a single 600 pointer yet. Not good when these ones I'm doing take a few days and only give me 120 points or so, grr.
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited December 2005
    you get points for even partial units? something is better than nothing I would guess.
    I'm not really clear on how points are given or what makes one unit worth more than anouther, or how it is decided who gets what.

or for that matter how to tell how much a unit i'm working on WILL be worth...
    but i'm so busy being glad that my computer is working for a good cause, that I don't worry about it so much, and I'm learning...Slowly.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    It used to be that incomplete work units were awarded nothing. About two years ago Stanford upgraded their software to allow for paritial points for partial work units, insofar as the incomplete results were usable for their databases.
    edited December 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    It used to be that incomplete work units were awarded nothing. About two years ago Stanford upgraded their software to allow for paritial points for partial work units, insofar as the incomplete results were usable for their databases.

Wow that was certainly a considerate thing for them to do! :thumbsup:
    you'd almost think they were scholars! :rolleyes: ...oh wait...that's right.
    umm nevermind that last bit....

umm how do you edit posts? ;)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    To edit posts, simply click on the "Edit" button at the bottom right of the post that is to be edited.
    edited December 2005
    hehe yeah thanks, I was acually sort of jokeing on that bit.
    :D:thumbsup: