F@H T-Shirt - BACK

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Folding@Home
Pick you Favorite design for the BACK of the t-shirt...
Back.jpg 150.8K

Comments

• edited December 2005
    C with my slogan under it =)
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited December 2005
    I like design B. It emphasizes the message rather than the team number, yet provides the team number too.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    I suggested "C" but I voted for "B". I would prefer that the "Team #93" was centered below the text, but it's fine either way. :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Oh, I didn't realize the voting would start so soon on the back. I guess no one saw my idea I posted in the front-side vote thread. It was a compromise between B and C, which are getting the most votes.

Oh well. If it's too late for my idea, B probably makes the strongest recruiting statement.
    edited December 2005
    Gargs - is this what you had in mind? :)
  • edited December 2005
    oh snap... i voted for c seconds before i saw prof's new design for B... dang it.
    edited December 2005
    Just so everyone knows, QCH2002 has put a lot of work into this and I don't want to look like a buttinski by throwing a new variation into the mix at the last minute. I would recommend that everyone vote for one of the four designs currently in the poll, then any fine-tuning can be done afterwards.

Another factor to consider will be the printing costs. We may need to keep things simple just so we don't end up with a bunch of $37 T-Shirts. :p It may also be possible that we could do a run of several different designs, depending on the initial setup price.

To be honest, I'd be quite happy with any of them. :)
    edited December 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Another factor to consider will be the printing costs. We may need to keep things simple just so we don't end up with a bunch of $37 T-Shirts. :p It may also be possible that we could do a run of several different designs, depending on the initial setup price.

To be honest, I'd be quite happy with any of them. :)

You're totally right, our design might end up being picked by cost constraints after we shop these designs around.

BTW, the one you made is pretty much EXACTLY as I imagined it! (great minds think alike? :D)
    Maybe when this vote is over, we can have a vote-off between the winner and this other design? If there's any interest, that is.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I am up for some tweaking after this poll is done. If "C" receives a good number of votes but "B" wins, then we can talk about merging the two as Garg and Prof indicated. I just want to get the idea off the design phase and on to the information collection phase... :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    ...I just want to get the idea off the design phase and on to the information collection phase... :thumbsup:
    I'm looking forward to the wearing it around town and dribbling beer on it phase. :cheers:
    edited December 2005
    Just a thought....the big 93 looks like a football number jersey rather than a team number designation. I'd prefer the smaller number and the word team in front of the number for clarity. That way if someone sees the shirt and doesn't talk to us, they still might get to us with the website and team number.
    edited December 2005
    I believe the "Football" look was intentional look.... at least that's the way I designed it anyway. Oh... {BUMP}
    edited December 2005
    Just a thought....the big 93 looks like a football number jersey rather than a team number designation. I'd prefer the smaller number and the word team in front of the number for clarity. That way if someone sees the shirt and doesn't talk to us, they still might get to us with the website and team number.

Maybe we could to both. If the last line of text read "Join Team #93!," then people will know what the big 93 means.
    edited December 2005
    {BUMP} Anyone else want to vote?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Yup. Thanks for the bump, otherwise I may not have noticed this thread. I voted C, but I like the merging idea to get the message across as well.

Prof has it right on the printing costs being a concern if we go too far. I plan on buying at least two, probably more, of these shirts, so if they're $37 I might not be able to.

Have you guys considered the idea of tacking on a few dollars to the price that goes toward the team fund? I certainly wouldn't mind if that were the case, it's all a good cause. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Have you guys considered the idea of tacking on a few dollars to the price that goes toward the team fund? I certainly wouldn't mind if that were the case, it's all a good cause. :thumbsup:

Yep... already had that in mind... Assuming the shirts are not $30 buck. ;D
  • edited December 2005
    that would be a great idea. since its for a good cause

bikerboy
    edited December 2005
    A bit over one day left to vote...
  • edited January 2006
    any update on the price or what not?

bikerboy
    edited January 2006
    I was off for the holiday's, sorry..... Now I will send off the details to get some prices. Stay tuned!!!!
  • edited January 2006
    not to be on your case or anything, but are they available or are you waiting for prices?

bikerboy
    edited January 2006
    Can I still claim "off for the holiday's"????

Ummmm..... uh, my finger was sprained last week and couldn't type the dash (-) needed for t-shirt... I am getting better so I should be able to type through the pain and begin the pricing email....

In other words.... sorry. I forgot...:sad2:
  • edited January 2006
    its ok. i understand that you have a life outside of SM. just wondered if there was a price or not. if you need me too i can find prices if you tell me where to go and what not. more than willing to help

bikerboy
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    all the basic info has been sent! :) just waiting on a reply!
  • edited February 2006
    sweet. cant wait to get my hands on one of these puppies!

bikerboy
    edited February 2006
    Any word on the shirts?
    edited February 2006
    You're ears must have been burning because I just asked the same question to our T-Shirt contact. I hope to have info really soon. I am really sorry about the delay. :)
    edited February 2006
    Thanks for all the work, Q! Looking forward to wearing this bad boy :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2006
    been almost a month any word from the manufactur?

bikerboy
    edited March 2006
    You guys are on the ball... I JUST received the first quote last night. I should have the last two today or tomorrow. Then we can get these things ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!