Processor Question

edited December 2005 in Hardware
Hello all,

I have a amd athlon/thunderbird socket A 2600 xp processor currently and a 3D AGP Graphics Card.

I got Battlefield 2 for Christmas, and I already know I need a new graphics card in order to play it (and any other new games out there it seems)

my question is,

do I need a new Processor as well? or will my amd athlon/thunderbird socket A 2600 xp do the job still?

thanks for the help.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I have the same processor, and a Radeon 9800Pro. I can play BF2 with relatively good quality and speed. :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Hello all,

I have a amd athlon/thunderbird socket A 2600 xp processor currently and a 3D AGP Graphics Card.

I got Battlefield 2 for Christmas, and I already know I need a new graphics card in order to play it (and any other new games out there it seems)

my question is,

do I need a new Processor as well? or will my amd athlon/thunderbird socket A 2600 xp do the job still?

thanks for the help.

Graphics card first and foremost, of course I'd say RAM is a second, at least 1GB for BF2 IMHO, then worry about your CPU ;)
  • edited December 2005
    Thanks Guys.

As i am a novice, your help is greatly appreciated.
  • BIGGIBIGGI Fort Meade, MD
    edited December 2005
    Thanks Guys.

Just remember all of your programs are run in your memory, more the better is always rule of thumb. :thumbsup:

If you have about $300 to spend you can get a Saphire X850XT on Newegg :cool: . This alone will boost your gaming performance.

I went from a 9700Pro to a X850XT and 1gb Ram to 2gb ram and gaming has never been better ;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Stay active here and that 'novice' status will quickly disappear! :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Stay active here and that 'novice' status will quickly disappear! :D

This is true.... come to the dark side huronriverrat!
  • edited December 2005
    I will, I've learned quite a bit already, again thanks for all the help.