Soyo Dragon 2 for AMD

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
hey...anyone know if theyll be making a dragon 2 for AMD cpu's... Right nowi have a soyo board, and i love it.. But i also have a p4...which i dont love :)...i wanna switch back to AMD, but i wanna get a pretty good mobo...any suggestions?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Abit NF7-S v2.0
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Abit NF7-S v2.0
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    hmmm...ill give it a looksy
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    it seems alright, but how come there are only 2 ide channels. I know there is also serial ATA, but im not up to that type of data transfer yet. Anyways, could i put 2 80 gig HDs on the same channel with this mobo. Cuz i know with my soyo dragon i cannot
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    haha, it's a landslide I tell ya, heh

For my new system I'm putting together ( parts are shipping in now ) I'm going to be getting a NF7-S. You just can't go wrong with Abit, and I can already see Omega coming in here with his epox shirt on :)
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    *cough*KX7 issues*cough*

Abits are usually pretty good... I'd also look at ASUS, MSI and Epox if I were u tho... my current favorite nf2 board is the A7N8X-Deluxe
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ROFL. You've had more trouble with your KX7 because you've picked out bad parts than you have because the KX7 is a bad board.

The NF7-S overclocks the best, hands down. It also comes with a thoroughly respectable feature set.

The MSI K7N2 Delta series is absolutely pathetic. I would know because I own one.

The EPoX 8rda3+ doesn't have the MCP-T. The 8rda+ isn't reliable enough to deliver anything better than a miserable A1/A2 stepping. There's too many of them, and not enough people buying them.

The A7N8X 2.0 is the only reliable alternative, but it doesn't overclock as well as the Abit does. Tradition stays firm.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    Clutch said
    haha, it's a landslide I tell ya, heh

For my new system I'm putting together ( parts are shipping in now ) I'm going to be getting a NF7-S. You just can't go wrong with Abit, and I can already see Omega coming in here with his epox shirt on :)

I recommend the Abit NF7-S v2.0 also. Although I also wonder why there aren't any NF2 mobos with HPT 372/374 controllers attached. It's why I went back to the KT400 series and sold my FSB420 capable EPox 8RDA+ (I consider the MCP-T unimportant)

Although I would buy the Epox 8RDA3+ (now available at Newegg for $119

And for the record - the Barton 3.0ghz Prometia overclock used a Epox 8RDA+

Some folks are just unlucky with hardware.....
    :nudge::aol: :banghead:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Nothing but love Omega ;)
  • OldDogOldDog Whittier,Ca.
    edited June 2003
    Thank you jdii1215 for rembering the original question. I'm using
    a Soyo KT333 Dragon ultra platinum W/ XP2100 as we speak!
    This board is reliable and kicks butt. While I'm only running one
    hdd (currently) all drive bays are full and there's room for more
    with this board. If the KT400 is as good, and I suspect it is, it
    would be hard to go wrong for any Soyo fan trying this board!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Why go for an old KT400 when you cannot upgrade to a 400mhz CPU later?