Is my board an ATX?

2»

Comments

• yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited December 2005
    Just ordered the Corsair 1Gig that you suggested. cant wait to get started on this thing! Thanks to all who posted on this thread with their advice. Once I'm over my head putting it all together you'll probably see me back on here.

until then enjoy your holiday!
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    when you start building it, just keep in mind that static destroys electroncis, so when you start workin in the case, always make sure part of your skin is touching the case.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited December 2005
    Will do. I'll borrow a strap.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Using a strap is essentially foolproof, but it's far from mandatory. As long as you touch the case's metal frame rail periodically, especially after walking across carpet, you should be in good order.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Sorry for thew thread hijack

Leo, Arno hats off to you guys!!

I'm an absolute yob when it comes to PC's and I found this post incredibly informative, easy to understand, packed with great advice and tips on choosing decent hardware.

I got more out of this post than spending hours reading technical jargon.
    I hope to be able to call on the pro's in SM when I build up my next rig

:thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Don't sweat it. I don't consider it a hijack. I can't speak for Arno, but I did not become proficient with computer hardware all on my own. The prececessor forum to this one was instrumental in my training! Even the experts here (of which I do not consider myself) frequently ask questions. Regardless of your skill level, there's something for you here. I don't say this as a moderator - I say it as a community member who appreciates technical assistance just as much as the greenest noob.