Is it worth it performance wise?

2»

Comments

• GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited January 2006
    I have a zalman on my 9800xt, I love it as my 9800xt runs at 52 idle with overdrive turned on. The new case rocks, but with only 2 120mm fans I can now hear only the TT volcano and damn it just seems way louder than before. Ill look into the zalman 7000 hsf, as I recall the pc versions are huge, will it fit in my PC?

The only draw back I see to the sonata case is its small inside. The mobo install was tight, I had to shimmy it in.
    edited January 2006
    I was just checking zalmans website, they say that all their products that work on socket 462 will not work on a NF7s mobo. 7000 and 7700 both list it as incompatible....
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Hmm, I've got a 7000 running right now on my System No. 2, which is an AMD Barton-Abit NF7S-2 platform. Maybe that's a 7000-A I've got on it. I'll double check.
    edited January 2006
    There are no structural differences between the different Zalman 7000 models other than the mounting hardware that they are packaged with. I'm not trying to pressure you into buying my 7000; it was just a suggestion as it would save you money on a competent heatsink. I've got four Zalman coolers and bunches of mounting hardware. I'll check my parts bin when I get home today. I probably have the mounting hardware for Socket 462/A.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I tend to agree with the thread. But will add that I am running Pressies on two Asus IC7-Max3 and they fold like crazy and are OC'd about 12-15% also. Note, the RAM on these is Corsair ValueRAM and it is also OC'd as RAM and CPU are tied on this board.
    edited January 2006
    edited January 2006
    I'll recheck System No. 2 and see if I had to do any modifications for fitting the heatsink. I don't recall any, but perhaps I did.