Forum Upgrade

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2006
    I did that, and it works now.

/me doesn't have any problems

Also, I like the in post editing
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Also, I like the in post editing
    So do I.
    edited January 2006
    What is the deal with being only able to view today's posts. It used to be where you could view new posts. I liked that old way better.

Oh, and as soon as this posted, FireFox closed with nary a warning. No program error at all.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    I now seem to have a prob with SM.
    When I post anything the screen goes to a white, blank window with 'done' at the bottom. That'll sit there until I open Firefox again then I get the send to microsoft message and firefox shuts down. If I then reopen it and come back the post has been posted. This only happens with SM, I have cleared the cashe etc.
    If I edit my post and save it works ok, it's just with new posts.
  • edited January 2006
    Strange, I'm running FireFox with no odd issues.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    All you with firefox here is quote from shorty in another thread:
    Clear our your temporary internet files and cache. We have upgraded to the latest version of VBulletin and you are probably caching an older version of the Javascript

A few others have experienced the same thing. Once done, remember to hit F5 on the forums home page. This will guarantee you are getting the updated code

Hope it helps ya
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited January 2006
    Can we also have the link back to the front page of short-media.com that used to be in the tool bar at the top. Or was I the only one to use that to checkout the Short-Media.com page?
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited January 2006
    EDIT:::: AHHH I should've read above first. Thanks a lot for the helpful quote, Aranyic :)

I'd like to add that I REEEALLY still would like to see a privelige modification where you can edit the Thread Title of threads you've started. I need this a lot in the DD&TP (Ex. ///SOLD///), and I'm surely not the only one that finds this inconvenient. Thanks :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    EDIT:::: AHHH I should've read above first. Thanks a lot for the helpful quote, Aranyic :)

I'd like to add that I REEEALLY still would like to see a privelige modification where you can edit the Thread Title of threads you've started. I need this a lot in the DD&TP (Ex. ///SOLD///), and I'm surely not the only one that finds this inconvenient. Thanks :)
    It's not an option in VBulletin that I can grant.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited January 2006
    Shorty, could you put the changes back in the SVT forum please? It used the have "!", "?" and a check mark for closed thread.

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    That's a good one! Omega and I don't always have the time to screen thread titles for accuracy there. It's frustrating for users to get all excited about a for-sale offering only to open the thread, dig through it, and find that the item is no longer available. Thread title editing makes the Trading browsing much easier for the users and moderators.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    um...can i have my animated moose avatar back please....

id post a pic of the error but i also notice we cant post pics.,...yet?

tia
    edited January 2006
    fatcat6 wrote:
    um...can i have my animated moose avatar back please....

id post a pic of the error but i also notice we cant post pics.,...yet?

tia
    You can post pics mate, nothing has changed setting wise. Shoot me an email :)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    If the rest of the webmasters and webcrew out there where half as talented as Dan and the rest of the crew here are, the intarwebnet would be a whole lot easier place to use. I surf between 85-90 forums every day and none even comes close to SM when it comes to looks and ease of reading. A big round of applause.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    OUTSTANDING work Shorty!!!! Looks good, so far. :thumbsup:
    edited January 2006
    I forgot to credit DogSoldier - Very very excellent work. It looks fantastic! :clap:
    edited January 2006
    Thanks guys, this has been so well received, I didn't expect it! :D
  • edited January 2006
    It's looking really good, Dan. One problem I am having though is with the insert link button. When I push it, it only pops up a url box with no text box. Since I never can remember how to insert text into the link, I have been having to open a reply box at the overclockers forum to use their insert link button, then cut-n-paste it here.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I just realized the "Team 93" graphics below people's avatars are missing in the new version.
    edited January 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    It's looking really good, Dan. One problem I am having though is with the insert link button. When I push it, it only pops up a url box with no text box. Since I never can remember how to insert text into the link, I have been having to open a reply box at the overclockers forum to use their insert link button, then cut-n-paste it here.
    Yes I noticed that yesterday, but here's how you do it by hand:
    [PHP]SPAM SPAM SPAM[/PHP]
    edited January 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I just realized the "Team 93" graphics below people's avatars are missing in the new version.
    They will be returning :)

// They have :D
    edited January 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Not sure why it's doing that Mud. Il take a look over @ VBulletin.com
    edited January 2006
    It seems that the "post quick reply" button at the bottom causes firefox 1.0.7 to crash and error out.
    edited January 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    You can post pics mate, nothing has changed setting wise. Shoot me an email :)

well nice...i see where it is in IE...but in firefox it no worky, hell i cant click on anything in firefox, smiley's insert hyperlink, nothing....but it works fine in IE.

this is the error i get trying to load my avatar, but i havent tried it in IE, just firefox.

>>edit...tried IE...cant upload animated gif....:grr:
    edited January 2006
    fatcat6 wrote:
    well nice...i see where it is in IE...but in firefox it no worky, hell i cant click on anything in firefox, smiley's insert hyperlink, nothing....but it works fine in IE.

this is the error i get trying to load my avatar, but i havent tried it in IE, just firefox.

>>edit...tried IE...cant upload animated gif....:grr:

Try clearing FireFox's cache to get smileys to work and other buttons, it worked for me.
    edited January 2006
    Testing Post Quick Reply in FF

EDIT: Worked perfectly for me..
    edited January 2006
    Try clearing FireFox's cache to get smileys to work and other buttons, it worked for me.

ok thanks danball...that worked for the smiley's etc...lemme try to upload my animated gif moose to avatar again...

edit>> yup...still cant upload animated gif's for avatar...altho i see some people with animated avatars...any suggestions?
    edited January 2006
    fatcat6 wrote:
    ok thanks danball...that worked for the smiley's etc...lemme try to upload my animated gif moose to avatar again...

edit>> yup...still cant upload animated gif's for avatar...altho i see some people with animated avatars...any suggestions?
    Im still trying to figure out why it wont allow animated gifs, that's a bit wierd!
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited January 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Im still trying to figure out why it wont allow animated gifs, that's a bit wierd!
    Yeah, I also had a few problems with varying sizes of my animated avatar, but I got it to work in the end. :-/
    edited January 2006
    Shorty wrote:

its only 66 x 90 pixels and 16.7kb. let me know if you want me to send ya the file or not shorty

well i just loaded it here anyways :bigggrin: