New PC Build Options for GHoosdum

2»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    The A8R-MVP mobo looks nice, and seems to be passively cooled as well. I'm switching my selection over.

I put a 2GB kit of "OCZ Performance" RAM into my list, but I can't afford 2GB of Platinum; a 1GB Platinum kit comes in a bit under my $200 budget right now. Again, this might change with M2 and DDR2...

The eVGA 7800GT is running at $300 right now, but I may be able to fit it in budgetwise once it drops to whatever it costs by June.

Thanks! (and keep the suggestions rolling in!)
  • edited January 2006
    I think that Nvidia will be releasing their next generation gpu out before June, so you stand a real good chance of getting that 7800GT for a lot cheaper price than now, GH.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I put a 2GB kit of "OCZ Performance" RAM into my list, but I can't afford 2GB of Platinum; a 1GB Platinum kit comes in a bit under my $200 budget right now. Again, this might change with M2 and DDR2...
    Thanks! (and keep the suggestions rolling in!)

Choosing between 1gb and 2gb is tough right now ...with vista coming out and more demanding games and such.

I don't think you'll have any problem clocking that ram to at least ddr500 on those timings. Check with Mack to be sure though.

I do have that psu and for that money I feel like I got something way better with the superflower 550w. Here check out this psu ...http://www.directron.com/directron/tt550ss.html