problem with new build

edited December 2005 in Hardware
DFI Lanparty UF4 SLI-DR
Phoenix Award Workstation Bios Can’t find version. I just bought it so I guess it’s the latest version
Antec 550W Power Supply
AMD64 3700+ Processor
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
250G Western Digital
Lite-On DVD RW
Windows XP Pro SP 2
Nvidia GeForce 7800GT Video card

I'm having a problem with this build. At first i wasn't able to get past the motherboard logo at startup. Then after finally being able to install windows it seemed fine. when i tried again this morning it booted up went to a blue screen with some writing and quickly rebooted. it then gets stuck on the motherboard logo screen. i have to wait a few minutes before i can power on and get back to windows, but as soon as i try to restart it gets stuck on that screen. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Have you tried operating on "Fail Safe" defaults from the BIOS? Also, are you absolutely sure about your CPU heatsink mounting. Almost sounds like the it's not seated correctly and the CPU is quickly overheating; that would account for a system hang. Next time you boot, go into the BIOS and check your H/W monitor or PC health (whatever you BIOS calls it) and watch the CPU temperatures. Record the first temperature you see and whatever it rises to (if it rises).