Disable Adobe Reader 6.0 from continuing to run as a process

JBJB Carlsbad, CA
edited September 2003 in Science & Tech
Here is the deal, i opened a large acrobat file (32MB) and when i close acrobat reader the process AcroRd32.exe stays as a process, and its still sitiing on 32MB. How can i have that shutdown when reader closes?

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Same stuff happens to me on multiple computers. It happens with versions other than 6.0 too.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Acrobat reader is a pain in the %^~@L!!!1111

Try installing after you have run Windows updates (eg.. service pack for Win2k). Then it conflicts with Microsoft Journal reader.. and refuses to install without a reboot! :mad:

Adobe are rapidly becoming the same as that other occasional hellspawn company..

Microadobesoft in the future?

As for your problem, as far as I am aware.. there is no fix but to manually close it :(
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    It only seems to happen whenever I open Acrobat in a browser. When I open it as a standalone it doesn't stay resident.
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited September 2003
    TD_Isles, I just checked and mine is the same way, the file i was opening was on a web page...when I open the stand alone client it will shutdown the process. maybe an IE problem?
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Not an IE problem because I use Mozilla on some systems and Firebird on others (same code-bas as Mozilla, though) so that rules out IE-specific. I'm pretty sure it's an Adobe issue.