drinking coke n rum and building another fold box

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
well...im downloading all the friggin windows updates...then she be done:rockon:

that will give me 5 machines all folding 100%:rarr:

AMD Ahtlon XP-M 2600+
AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+
AMD Sempron64 2600+
AMD Duron 1.8ghz
AMD Duron 1.3ghz

:smokin:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    What, and no one's thrown you out of the house yet? I'm still crossing my fingers on that score!

Good work! Enjoy your farm. Are you using a KVM switch to monitor the boxes?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    What, and no one's thrown you out of the house yet? I'm still crossing my fingers on that score!

Good work! Enjoy your farm. Are you using a KVM switch to monitor the boxes?

nah, all the machines do is fold, so I just monitor them through EM3 log. If one is unstable or crashing I can see its F@H or something else. Occasionally I'll hook a spare keyboard/monitor up and check them out or download windoz updates.
    edited January 2006
    If you do decide later you'd like to switch from box to box with the press of a button, the good news is that KVM-PS2 switches are becoming more affordable all the time as KVM-DVI becomes more popular (and expensive - arrrgggh!).
    edited January 2006
    sounds good!...any recommendations for a kvm with cables for 4 machines around $30 ;D ...well i might be able to spend a little more...got $30 to waste tho :D
    edited January 2006
    Ebay. When you've found a couple you are interested in, check out other sites for reviews. Some KVMs are pitiful, while some of the others, even some 'no-names' work great.

Heck, I'd sell you mine, but I still need it until I can find low-cost DVI model.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    you could just use remote desktop or vnc to do that...but that does require a little more work
    edited January 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    you could just use remote desktop or vnc to do that...but that does require a little more work

and waste precious cpu cycles:hair:

hehe...yea i know...like i said they fold...when they crash the EM3 log lets me know