Ipod Config

edited January 2006 in Hardware
I bought an Ipod from a friend (got a good deal on it because it was used, still in near mint condition though) and it's configured to his play list and I want to add music to it. But, I need to have it configured to my play list to do that. So, is it possible to take the music off and put it on my hard drive so I can have it put to my play list so I can then 1. add my own music and 2. add his music back on?

(I have no idea where this should go so this was the most logical place to me...sorry if I was wrong, feel free to move it.)

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Just use iTunes to delete his playlists.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    BE CAREFUL with itunes, theres a setting that will allow it to auto sort any music you import into it. it screwed up all of my music folders putting various artists cd's in itunes created folders based on artist, not album

took me a good 6 hours to fix that one =\
  • edited January 2006
    Kwitko wrote:
    Just use iTunes to delete his playlists.

I could've sworn I specificly said I wanted to keep his...oh well, I thought it was clear at least..
    BE CAREFUL with itunes, theres a setting that will allow it to auto sort any music you import into it. it screwed up all of my music folders putting various artists cd's in itunes created folders based on artist, not album

took me a good 6 hours to fix that one =\

yipe, thanks for the warning..it asked me if I wanted to let it do something like that and I kinda laughed and checked no...yea, I'd like it sorted by album as well as by artist. I tend to listen to it during school on repeat so it doesn't matter THAT much.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    there are numerous progs that will allow u to import ur music off the ipod onto your hdd

try ephpod or ipod liberator
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I could've sworn I specificly said I wanted to keep his...oh well, I thought it was clear at least...

You were. Morning fog.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited January 2006
    Does anyone know about iPod connections for cars? I have one in my BMW and the car wont "see" the ipod (it will charge it up however). It worked a coupe days ago.....
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2006
    i have a MONSTER cable connector that plugs into the cig lighter and it has a broadcaster in the middle of the cable, its pretty decent, but real expensive.
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    edited January 2006
    The dealer installed this cable and it looks exactly like the usb one that comes with the ipod.